Man ran out of South End parking lot holding a gun, another guy got out his gun and shot the man dead

commodon

NES Member
Good shoot?

Alexander Nunez, 24, was indicted yesterday on a charge of second-degree murder for the shooting death of Dion Ruiz, 28, on West Dedham Street in the South End, in August, 2021, the Suffolk County District Attorney's office reports. Nunez was ordered held without bail at his arraignment today in Suffolk Superior Court after he turned himself in, the DA's office says.

The DA's office provided this account:
Nunez had attended a birthday party on West Dedham Street on the evening of August 13. He left the party and drove his car to the point where West Dedham Street intersects with the Villa Victoria housing complex. Nunez then left the idling car and walked into the Villa Victoria parking lot. As he was returning to his car, Dion Ruiz ran from the complex’s entry area holding a pistol. As Ruiz passed Nunez, Nunez reached into his fanny pack, withdrew a 9mm pistol and fired five rounds, two into Ruiz’s back. Ruiz did not fire his gun.

Conviction on a charge of second-degree murder means a life sentence, but with the possibility of parole.

Seems like an easy conviction. Not sure what the question is here.

ETA, given the suspect left his car running to just jump out and shoot the guy it seems like they could have tried for 1st degree murder. Also says victim was gang banger so I would guess they both are.

“In the graphic video, the victim can be seen walking past the suspect who then turns around and fires two rounds into the back of the victim who then falls to the ground.”

“It was basically an execution” – Man Killed in South End Villa Projects Overnight

Dion Ruiz ran from the complex’s entry area holding a pistol. As Ruiz passed Nunez, Nunez reached into his fanny pack, withdrew a 9mm pistol and fired five rounds, two into Ruiz’s back. Ruiz did not fire his gun.

No. Bad shoot... (from the comfort of my armchair...)

I take it this in mass?? Nobody there has half a brain so ‘south end’ is good enough of a location. South end of a Hefner?? South end of my sack?? WTF.

Why can’t they both be dead??

I take it this in mass?? Nobody there has half a brain so ‘south end’ is good enough of a location. South end of a Hefner?? South end of my sack?? WTF.

South end is in Boston, near Roxbury.

The South End is a specific neighborhood in Boston. Anyone who worked or lived in Boston for any length of time can tell you where it is. West Dedham runs next to the Cathedral projects. The reason it's called the Cathedral Projects is because there is a Cathedral in the middle of the projects. Which, again if you know anything about Boston, is common in the public housing projects in Boston.

In this case, the Cathedral is the "Cathedral of the Holy Cross" and is the seat of the Archdiocese of Boston and where the Cardinal lives.

Since you're from NH, no one cares if you know what it is or not.

The South End is a specific neighborhood in Boston. Anyone who worked or lived in Boston for any length of time can tell you where it is. West Dedham runs next to the Cathedral projects. The reason it's called the Cathedral Projects is because there is a Cathedral in the middle of the projects. Which, again if you know anything about Boston, is common in the public housing projects in Boston.

In this case, the Cathedral is the "Cathedral of the Holy Cross" and is the seat of the Archdiocese of Boston and where the Cardinal lives.

Since you're from NH, no one cares if you know what it is or not.
I’m from the south shore and even I find “the south end” ambiguous, because I don’t know the projects. And yes, I work in Boston (downtown). The reason I don’t know the projects is because I don’t visit shit holes infested with hood rats. This is only going to get worse which is one of the many reasons I left this state.

I’m from the south shore and even I find “the south end” ambiguous, because I don’t know the projects. And yes, I work in Boston (downtown). The reason I don’t know the projects is because I don’t visit shit holes infested with hood rats. This is only going to get worse which is one of the many reasons I left this state.
You aren’t missing anything. They tried to gentrify the south end area and then HUD came in and gave developers a ton of money for low income housing and all of a sudden all the young professionals moved to South Boston. My bosses son lived in the south end and worked as a waiter at one of the trendy restaurants that was hanging on as the criminals took over again. He ended up getting the sh*t kicked out of him after work one day and dumped under a parked car a few years ago just before Covid. it was pure luck that the guy who owned the car dropped his keys before getting in and saw the kid under his car. Broken jaw, ribs and two broken arms. I guess the muggers went to work on him with a tire iron when he tried to run. I haven’t been there in years, I would tend to doubt it’s gotten better, downtown certainly hasn’t.

That whole area went upscale about 20 years ago for the most part.

When I retired in 2012 that was an up and coming area. Lots of gays had moved in there and spent a lot of money rehabbing old apartment buildings and converting them to condos. So, all of that is gone now?

You aren’t missing anything. They tried to gentrify the south end area and then HUD came in and gave developers a ton of money for low income housing and all of a sudden all the young professionals moved to South Boston. My bosses son lived in the south end and worked as a waiter at one of the trendy restaurants that was hanging on as the criminals took over again. He ended up getting the sh*t kicked out of him after work one day and dumped under a parked car a few years ago just before Covid. it was pure luck that the guy who owned the car dropped his keys before getting in and saw the kid under his car. Broken jaw, ribs and two broken arms. I guess the muggers went to work on him with a tire iron when he tried to run. I haven’t been there in years, I would tend to doubt it’s gotten better, downtown certainly hasn’t.

When I retired in 2012 that was an up and coming area. Lots of gays had moved in there and spent a lot of money rehabbing old apartment buildings and converting them to condos. So, all of that is gone now?
Yeah, that would be news to me too.

There are all those expensive brownstones close to the mass pike, then further south are the crap areas still. The expensive restaurants and homes are definitely different and gentrified. The parking in that entire area is as bad as it gets.

North of shawmit ave is quite expensive

No, those are still there but the gentrification of that area basically ground to a halt when the HUD projects started spreading. There is a dividing line where the safe part of the south end turns, and it turns very quickly. Once they started building up the seaport developers started scooping up properties to build condos in south Boston.

It’s funny seeing this woman I work with who lives in an $800,000 condo in south Boston come to work on a casual moving day for our office with a sweatshirt that said “Southie.” She’s very liberal and had this dream of raising kids in the city. Which is odd because she grew up in this nice rural town in CT. After half a year of kindergarten she and her husband gave up on Southie’s public schools. after the “summer of love” and the joys of lockdowns in a condo in the city, they bailed on the city all together and bought a home in newton, but she says she’s proud that her kids can say that ”they’re from southie.” Yep, ok.

Growing up in East Boston, going to HS at Bosco in the combat zone, I can safely say I know most of the city like the back of my hand.
From Massachusetts Ave north, along Huntington st and Shawmut used to be shitholes....now 700k studio condos. BUT, the cathedral projects and the T brings all the crime you need

One of my nephews and his wife bought a condo at M and 6th (I think). They loved living in Southie form 2008 until about 2013 or so. Once their first daughter was old enough to start school, they bailed and bought in Andover.

Not that I blame them. Most of the people I worked with who grew up in Boston either sent their kids to Parochial Schools or moved out of the city.

Boston has always, at least during the years I worked there, had sharp divisions between good areas and dangerous areas. If you didn't know where they were you could get in trouble pretty quickly.

No, those are still there but the gentrification of that area basically ground to a halt when the HUD projects started spreading. There is a dividing line where the safe part of the south end turns, and it turns very quickly. Once they started building up the seaport developers started scooping up properties to build condos in south Boston.

It’s funny seeing this woman I work with who lives in an $800,000 condo in south Boston come to work on a casual moving day for our office with a sweatshirt that said “Southie.” She’s very liberal and had this dream of raising kids in the city. Which is odd because she grew up in this nice rural town in CT. After half a year of kindergarten she and her husband gave up on Southie’s public schools. after the “summer of love” and the joys of lockdowns in a condo in the city, they bailed on the city all together and bought a home in newton, but she says she’s proud that her kids can say that ”they’re from southie.” Yep, ok.

but she says she’s proud that her kids can say that ”they’re from southie.” Yep, ok.
The South End and "Southie" are not the same place. Never ask someone from Southie if they are from the South End you will be schooled properly if you do.

Back
Top Bottom