man charged with murdering motorcyclist

The daughters should be charged with driving to endanger and motor vehicle assault.

They won't because Daddy is taking one for the team. Plus it doesn't help him one bit if they admit to something like that and it only hurts them.

Mough drove past Gear’s house, turned around and rode by again. Gear shot him once in the back

Screw this guy. That's murder, plain and simple.

No physical threat at all when he shot, much less an immediate one. I wonder if Dad was half in the bag....Oh well, I hope he likes jail. It's where he belongs.

Screw this guy. That's murder, plain and simple.

No physical threat at all when he shot, much less an immediate one. I wonder if Dad was half in the bag....Oh well, I hope he likes jail. It's where he belongs.

Absolutely!!!

He was riding a Ninja 250, one of the smallest production motorcycles available and accepted as a highway worthy vehicle in the US. It tips the scales at about 330lbs.

Not the type of thing you ram into ANYTHING.

The daughters should be charged with driving to endanger and motor vehicle assault.
Okay, I was thinking Harley. I own a Ninja two-fiddy and that thing could ram a go-kart if it wanted to. I call it a scooter that will do 100mph.

I'll still never follow someone to their home though and I can't exactly use my cell phone and ride. My best bet if I'm so inclined is to try and memorize make/model/color/plate/drivers&occupants and pull over and call as soon as I can. The father over-reacted, but we do live in a dangerous world. (Not trying to justify his actions btw)

Pic added for reference:

IMG00070.jpg

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to believe a biker followed two girls to their house. A guilty verdict doesn't mean the guy isn't dead anymore...

I agree, it's not a wise decision. Trying to put myself in his(the rider's) place, perhaps he thought he could have resolved the issue if he spoke with them. Or wanted to report the incident but didn't think he would be able to remember the plate number. Once he saw the father out front with a gun he tried to exit the neighborhood the way he came in.

But what happened to him certainly shouldn't have happened. Many lives will never be the same due to one hot-head.

While I tend to view road rage (brake checking, aggressive driving) to be borderline assault, the few details in this story don't add up to self defense, IMO.

edit - d'oh... just saw the dates and read the rest of the thread. Yep I'm a threadtard.

Last edited:
I agree, it's not a wise decision. Trying to put myself in his(the rider's) place, perhaps he thought he could have resolved the issue if he spoke with them. Or wanted to report the incident but didn't think he would be able to remember the plate number. Once he saw the father out front with a gun he tried to exit the neighborhood the way he came in.

But what happened to him certainly shouldn't have happened. Many lives will never be the same due to one hot-head.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Two hot-heads. Having been cut-off several times in riding the short peroid of 2-3 months and 1000 miles, I know the feelings involved. Hell I almost got slammed by a guy who tried to cut into my lane pulling up to a red light, right infront of a cruiser one time! I'm otherwise in complete agreeance, though.

"Gear fired his gun twice as Mough drove by, and a third time when the biker made a second pass from the other direction.

"This case was about a man who shot first, who shot last and shot in between, and didn't ask questions before and didn't ask questions later," Mauldin said.

Tolley argued Mough was the aggressor, and the motorcyclist could have continued straight on Atlanta Highway toward home instead of following Gear's daughters into Bogart.

Even after Gear fired two warning shots at the passing biker, Tolley argued, Mough turned around and drove straight at Gear, who jumped backward and fired a third time, killing Mough."

Shoot at me once and I'll be getting the f*** out of Dodge. Why in the world would he come by for another pass?

Shoot at me once and I'll be getting the f*** out of Dodge. Why in the world would he come by for another pass?

Could have been a dead end road or a "court" or "circle" type street, which are dead ends.

Certainly wouldn't have made much sense otherwise.

Seems to me it was a road like I mentioned, but you'll have to recheck the stories.

He also may not have heard the shots between his helment and the bike revving. Combine that with a dead end street that would force him to go back, or poor vision and him confirming the house number/plate number and you can see it happening. In the end though no one really knows.

I checked, it wasn't a dead end road. Curiosity made me check, and that makes me wonder if there's some stupidity on the motorcyclist's part. Usually is enough stupid to go around on these things. Still doesn't justify the moron shooting him.

Good points clinotus and Nickle, I didn't think of either scenario. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways. [grin]

The biker posed no imminent threat to the lives of the father or his daughters. Glad he's going to jail.

Back
Top Bottom