• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man charged with illegal gun possession after killing robber in Hyde Park

I kind of feel bad for the guy in a way. He shoots someone breaking into his house and then gets charged with gun charges. Although, owing a gun where the serial number is obliterated could mean he stole the gun. And if he stole the gun then he is a real piece of crap. I guess he should of just stfu to the police and not incriminated himself.

A Roxbury man was ordered held on $10,000 bail on Friday on gun charges connected to the shooting death of another man in Hyde Park on Tuesday night, prosecutors said.

Troy J. Adams, 54, allegedly shot to death 23-year-old Darison Pujols, who police say appears to have broken into a residence on Margaretta Drive while Adams was there. Adams was also injured by the gunfire.

Adams pleaded not guilty to two charges of unlawful possession of a firearm and one charge each of unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of a high-capacity feeding device, and unlawful possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, according to a statement from Suffolk district attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office.

Adams was treated and released from Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital after the Tuesday incident.

Police interviewed Adams after he was discharged from the hospital, the statement from Conley’s office said.

“As a result of statements made during that interview and the execution of a search warrant at the Margaretta Drive residence, Adams was placed under arrest on gun charges only,” Conley’s office said. Authorities said the investigation is continuing.

He is due back in court Dec. 17.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...rk-shooting/fPLFkzHKgxb2brRoUr9Z7O/story.html

poor guy, going to jail for defending his life

Sounds like "defending his life" isn't the problem, possession of a gun with the serial# ground off would imply he had a STOLEN gun. Hope the dirtbag rots in jail. Wonder if "Troy and Darison" both turned their guns sideways to shoot each other?

If one has an older gun without a serial, would the cops know that it never had one or just think that you removed it?

Not saying this is what it is, just questioning what would happen.

After wiping his prints from the firearm, his story should have been..... "so these two punks break into my place and start arguing over who gets what, then one started shooting, he killed his buddy and took off"

If one has an older gun without a serial, would the cops know that it never had one or just think that you removed it?

Not saying this is what it is, just questioning what would happen.

It would be pretty easy to tell.

I don't understand why they don't leave the serial number intact. He would be charged with receiving stolen property, along with the other gun charges. Isn't that a slightly lesser charge? It's possible it was never reported stolen, especially if it was stolen in another state with lax reporting laws.

Good on him for defending himself, if I read the story right. Now he will pay for being stupid even though he wasn't the perpetrator here.

Story should have been he lunged at me and in the tussle I got his gun with obliterated SNs and then shot him before he could kill me...
No, story should have been shutting his mouth and waiting for a lawyer to tell him what his story is.

After wiping his prints from the firearm, his story should have been..... "so these two punks break into my place and start arguing over who gets what, then one started shooting, he killed his buddy and took off"

This, with an exception. He wrestled the gun away from the dirt bag and shot him, and only made a statement after contacting a lawyer.

I don't understand why they don't leave the serial number intact.

Common criminals are not too bright, and they watch the same trashy TV shows as everyone else. Every villain on TV has a gun with removed serial number, so they just assume that's the way it should be in the underworld. Same thing with the tape on gun grips, there is an urban legend that fingerprints can't be lifted from the tape.

What was once a decent place to live, Georgetown Apartments, has been ruined courtesy of Section 8 and the MA welfare system starting in the 80's.

I don't know the facts of this case.

That being said, an extremely large number of non-violent offenders in the United States are prohibited by law from owning a firearm.

If we accept that self defense is a fundamental human right, and that using a firearm to defend one's self is also a fundamental human right, then we have a whole lot of people who are prohibited, under the existing nanny state gun control schemes, from legally exercising their fundamental human rights.

The only way for people within this category to exercise their fundamental human right is to obtain a firearm illegally. Illegal firearms are often stolen and often have the serial number obliterated.

I blame the nanny state gun grabbers for this paperwork crime. It isn't like he ran out and robbed a store or mugged someone.

Last edited:
I wonder if the guy was a restriction person thus not allowing him to legally buy a gun. If not, then it's a damn shame he went this route. I wish more common people would arm themselves so people would have to think a little harder about it before B&E.

Not sure how many 23 yo Darison Pu-etc's there could be in that corner of the world, but ~ 7 years ago he appeared to be turning his life around, but unclear in which direction:

http://brooklinewrestling.stackvarsity.com/rosters/player.asp?id=55656

Mr. Adams eludes my google-fu.

We need a Weapon Shop.

A. E. van Vogt said:
The Isher/Weapon Shops novels are very rare examples of Golden Age science fiction that explicitly discuss the right to keep and bear arms, specifically guns. Indeed, the motto of the Weapon Shops, repeated several times, is "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". Van Vogt's guns have virtually magical properties, and can only be used in self-defense.

The political philosophy of the Weapon Shops is minimalist. They will not interfere with the corrupt imperial monarchy of the Isher government, on the grounds that men always have a government of the type they deserve: no government, however bad, exists without at least the tacit consent of the governed. The mission of the Weapon Shops therefore is merely to offer single individuals the right to protect themselves with a firearm, or, in cases of fraud, access to a "Robin Hood" alternative court system that judges and awards compensation from large, imperial merchant combines to cheated individuals. Because the population has access to this alternative system of justice, the Isher government cannot take the final step toward totalitarianism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weapon_Shops_of_Isher

he'd probably have a hard time explaining the gunshot residue all over his hands.

he'd probably have a hard time explaining the gunshot residue all over his hands.

Should have shot a few time, some into the wall. Tell the cops he struggled with the guy, gun went off, then he was so nervous, and not knowing guns the gun fired again. But really he should have just shut up and talked to a lawyer.

It would be pretty easy to tell.

I don't understand why they don't leave the serial number intact. He would be charged with receiving stolen property, along with the other gun charges. Isn't that a slightly lesser charge? It's possible it was never reported stolen, especially if it was stolen in another state with lax reporting laws.
I don't know if I'd describe another states stolen gun reporting laws as "lax" so much as our stolen gun law is an aggressive piece of work that is used against the gun owner making them 2 time victims. I know you'll agree. ;)

After wiping his prints from the firearm, his story should have been..... "[strike=]so these two punks break into my place and start arguing over who gets what, then one started shooting, he killed his buddy and took off[/strike] I wrestled the gun away from him and shot him. "

FIFY

--------------------------------------------

This, with an exception. He wrestled the gun away from the dirt bag and shot him, and only made a statement after contacting a lawyer.

HA! Great minds and all that... [smile]

Common criminals are not too bright, and they watch the same trashy TV shows as everyone else. Every villain on TV has a gun with removed serial number, so they just assume that's the way it should be in the underworld. Same thing with the tape on gun grips, there is an urban legend that fingerprints can't be lifted from the tape.

I find it especially amusing when I see one with its' handle wrapped with cloth tape or a bandana. Oh, no prints you say? If you say so. [rolleyes] How about all that DNA it's soaking up from your greasy mitts?

Too stupid to just buy a new barrel online for ~$100. If I was some murdering POS I would buy 5. Then after using one just throw it in a can of thermite. Oh, and I would probably polish my extractor and the tip of my firing pin each time also. Just in case I missed a piece of brass.

Certainly stealing a gun is wrong and the serial number being destroyed is shady. However, I think there may be an important but more basic question. Is the right to keep and bear arms unalienable? Isn't due process necessary to deprive someone of that right, just like it's necessary to deprive someone of his or her property or to throw him or her in jail?

Certainly stealing a gun is wrong and the serial number being destroyed is shady. However, I think there may be an important but more basic question. Is the right to keep and bear arms unalienable? Isn't due process necessary to deprive someone of that right, just like it's necessary to deprive someone of his or her property or to throw him or her in jail?
Bingo.

I find it especially amusing when I see one with its' handle wrapped with cloth tape or a bandana. Oh, no prints you say? If you say so. [rolleyes] How about all that DNA it's soaking up from your greasy mitts?

Too stupid to just buy a new barrel online for ~$100. If I was some murdering POS I would buy 5. Then after using one just throw it in a can of thermite. Oh, and I would probably polish my extractor and the tip of my firing pin each time also. Just in case I missed a piece of brass.

I never understand why a thug wouldn't just buy another barrel for a pistol if they didn't want to get rid of it. But they are not very bright, that's why they get caught.

Most of you would be very surprised at how many homeowners in Boston are armed. Usually hand-me-down revolvers. Not a frequent topic of discussion except among friends. Some of them are shocked at the idea they would have to pay for a license.

No, story should have been shutting his mouth and waiting for a lawyer to tell him what his story is.
Lawyer: you struggled for the gun, which the intruder still had in his hand, and it went off. Judge: but the intruder was shot in the back of the head. Lawyer: He took yoga.

Back
Top Bottom