Maine Service Rifle Championship 9/16-9/17

PatMcD

NES Member
Just a reminder that the Maine Service Rifle Championship is to be held on Sept. 16. Many prizes awarded (most just for showing up!). Last year's last-place shooter won a Springfield Armory M1A.
EIC "Leg" Match and a Garand Match the next day, Sept. 17. Might as well make a weekend out of it and shoot both days.

I'm planning on being there. I'm hoping to do both days this year..

Are there any cheap places to stay near by. Or, can I camp at the range. I don't remember seeing anything about camping in the bylaws, but I may have missed it since I wasn't really thinking about that when I joined.

CD

I know of another shooter who is thinking about doing the same. Z is the Pres. up there, I think. I would give you his contact info., but I don't have it. If you have Dave Dow's number (you should have it somewhere on the Match info. he sends out) you might try calling him.
This is the club's email [email protected] <[email protected]> no idea how often it is checked or who checks it.

Thanks, I'll try to touch base with Z or Dave, I should have some contact info in the last newsletter. I hadn't even really thought about it until I was posting before.

Chris
No problem camping at the range, you can even stay in the club house if you'd like.
Also a reminder that you may shoot a match rifle in the match, you just can't win the Championship or your class. The scores do go into NRA, and you're in for the goodies.
Dave Dow

My wife had to put in a vacation day so she could watch the kids so I'll be there. I'll be sleeping in my vehicle if it's ok with everyone else. I've been on a heck of a tight budget and will do anything to save a few dollars. I might have an old canvas and wood cot someone could borrow should they be staying in the clubhouse. Let me know beforehand so I can remember to pack it. First "I'll take it" gets to borrow it.

The entry fee also gets you burgers, etc after the match (I think). Staying in the clubhouse ain't that bad, there's a TV, and indoor plumbing, so feel free to take advantage of it. I'm only 20 miles away, or I'd stay there too, have actually
when the scouts have used the place for the weekend.
Dave

If any HP shooters can make this match, they do a great job up there. And they are a hell of a bunch of guys to shoot with. I had a blast last year, I wish I could make it this year. However my padawan is heading up. [devil2]

Hope you Mainers are ready for some Mass action!

[smile]

Bring it on bro'.
I've been meditating over my M1A Laser.
The Force grows stronger each day.
I'm tired of giving you guys so many points.
This weekend it changes.
Hear me well

Muahahahahahahahahahaha
aha aha ahahahaha

Bring it on bro'.
I've been meditating over my M1A Laser.
The Force grows stronger each day.
I'm tired of giving you guys so many points.
This weekend it changes.
Hear me well

Muahahahahahahahahahaha
aha aha ahahahaha

Heheh, I already maxed what I can shoot for EIC matches this year so the up and coming EIC match this sunday is yours for the taking. I will be shooting just the Maine State match on Saturday.

Will see you guys tomorrow.

Hope you Mainers are ready for some Mass action!

Bring it on!!!

Most Mass-holes are headed OUT of Maine after Labor Day!

P.S. Stop to get gas in Newport (right on 95 South of the Hampden Exit). Cheapest in the State at $2.35

Brent being classified as an Expert: give me a break.[laugh2]
One lousy point! Good shooting. Good to see you.

Nice 2 rapid Pat. [wink]

I did it again today in another losing battle to the "outtastatah's". Unfortunately, those three strings were the highpoints of my weekend.[crying]

I like the way that new upper shoots. It puts 'em right where the front sight is. Now I've just got to learn to put the front sight in the black[crying] .

Tony Marino earned the six leg points with a score of 480-something.

I choked.

I freely admit that my current level of shooting probably isn't good enough to earn Leg points, ................however................................., this is the second Leg Match up here that I have been bested by out-of-State poachers. Today it was Tony Marino and Jeff Lindbloom from NH. I am happy for them; Tony earned it. If he didn't then Jeff shot really well and would have been deserving. Last time it was by someone here we all know. I'm not going to mention his name but his initials are Brent Bussey-Smith. To make a long story short: I need to pull my head out of my ass and start shooting better.

So that's 12 points I have graciously let some unfortunate foreigner have.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Back
Top Bottom