Maine magazine capacity legislation - L.D. 997

For those keeping an eye on this. It has passed committee and will be introduced to the floor, for a vote.

Any idea when that vote would be? While this is serious I think this is the first time that an anti-gun bill has made it out of committee. I think we are safe with the Gov not signing it, but the fact that it got out of committee is too much. It is time to start replacing Dems with pro-gun people in ME. Mainers can no longer trust Dems to be pro-gun anymore. Lets work to vote them all out.

With this stupid bill I see they have grandfathering for magazines already in possession. If I continue to buy mags in say N.H how do they know if I had them prior or not? Dumbasses

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

What would be the effect on non residents who bring their guns with hi cap mags? That would be me.

With this stupid bill I see they have grandfathering for magazines already in possession. If I continue to buy mags in say N.H how do they know if I had them prior or not? Dumbasses

Why them make you register them like CT of course [rolleyes]

Any idea when that vote would be? While this is serious I think this is the first time that an anti-gun bill has made it out of committee. I think we are safe with the Gov not signing it, but the fact that it got out of committee is too much. It is time to start replacing Dems with pro-gun people in ME. Mainers can no longer trust Dems to be pro-gun anymore. Lets work to vote them all out.

Not sure when. If I find it I will be sure to post it.

It is just another "Feel Good" law in my opinion. There is no possible way on earth to tell how many of these are currently in the state, and who has what.

That little weasel Alfond is behind this one. Arrogant little p*%#k has never had a job in his life. He lives off the family fortune.

I think a better way to save lives would be to limit politicians to 10 words per day and ban evil feature words like "Ban", "Save the Children", etc.

Spoke to my Democratic rep yesterday. He will be voting against it and believes there are enough Pro-gun dems to make sure it does not get out of the Senate. Lets hope he is right.

I wrote my Rep., but unfortunately, he's one of the co-sponsors of the Bill.
Seth Berry= Dip-Shit Extraordinaire

I think one of the things we have going for us is that LePage can not stand Alfond. There have been a couple of news interviews this weekend. LePage talking about the whole Medicare bill payment. He really gave Alfond a tongue lashing. Said that he has been nothing but an obstructionist since he got into office. I'm pretty sure that LePage will do everyting he possibly can to stand in the way of ANYTHING that has Alfonds name on it.

...the committee also rejected a bill that would repeal a Republican-backed law passed in 2011 to allow concealed-handgun permit holders to keep guns in their vehicles at the workplace, regardless of employers' policies...
<http://www.pressherald.com/news/Committee-to-hear-gun-control-proposals-.html>

Back
Top Bottom