• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine Bills for Public Hearing This Week

There are public hearings on these bills this week.

Sportsman's Alliance of Maine

Committee Members that you can write/call

Maine Legislature: Joint Standing Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety

My comments on them.

Vote No on LD 267 - No backdoor registration or taxes.
Vote No on LD 380 - Too open for abuse
Vote No on LD 997 - I should not be limited in my right to self defense.
Vote YES on LD 1183 - Any restrictions are infringements of rights.
Vote No on LD 1240 - Universal background checks are backdoor registration. A person doesn't need to obtain permission or take a class to exercise a right.
Vote No on LD 1122 - This will create confusion with different locations having different laws.
Vote No on LD 265 - A vehicle should be considered an extension of a person’s home.
Vote No on LD 771 - Reciprocity should apply to everyone with a valid permit.
Vote No on LD 1173 - Rights should not be restricted in parks.
Vote No on LD 335 - This is an attempt at backdoor registration and further restrictions.
Vote No on LD 724 - The firearms should not be destroyed
Vote Yes on LD 1182 - Firearms should be returned to their owners, or sold off instead of destroyed.
Vote Yes on 660 - The 2nd Amendment is being infringed by requiring a permit to exercise it. I fully support this.
Vote No on LD 594 - If a crime was committed, then they would not be allowed. This would be redundant, and subject to abuse.
Vote No on LD 958 - A database is already available, and they would be prevented from owning or buying a firearm.
Vote No on LD 1053 - Retired officers should be held to the same standard as citizens, and should be required to have a CHP to carry concealed.
Vote No on LD 188 - Possession should not be a criminal act.
Vote No on LD 189 - It is simple enough to verify. We don't need another database.
Vote No on LD 191 - A person should not be subject to being defenseless without due process. There are already processes in place for revocation.

Back
Top Bottom