magazine storage

so i had an unfortunate accident this weekend...the device i use to store all my magazines bit it!

i used 2 of these stacked up on top of each other

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catal...rchString=&productId=ARS22139&category_Id=778

to hold all of my rifle and pistol mags...theyre supposed to support 50lbs each...i apparently had they overloaded because the bottom 1 finally gave way and started to warp and soon looked like the leaning tower of pisa

for those of you who have multiple rifles/pistols in different calibers with multiple mags for each gun how do you store your gear?

i was thinking of trying to build something with similar dimensions...or would getting a cheap stack on safe and drilling holes into the side of it to add my own dividers seem easier?

ideas??

Ive been using a heavy duty 3 drawer file cabinet. I dont think you can buy em in the stores anymore. The new ones are cheap and flimsy. Might look on Craigslist for an old school one.

Individually I store my pistol mags in these. One (usually more) per gun: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=426030 Then into a big duffel/range bag. Kind of tricky finding the right mag to gun, but hey...

Rifle or odd pistol mags that don't fit into the pouches go into a labeled .50 cal or 20mm/30mm can again per gun/caliber.

All that goes onto shelving.

Not the most elegant system but it works and is relatively portable if need be.

I just use ammo cans, and slap a label on them. I use them for empty brass, too. I've got to use them to justify the fact that I have so many of them!

They have a 5 or 6 draw lockable storage cabinet at Home depot right now for 49.00 that supposed to be for tools but it's ideal for our stuff.

It's $49.00 on sale down from $59.00 and fits the bill in many ways for ammo or mags. Plus it's on wheels.

They have a 5 or 6 draw lockable storage cabinet at Home depot right now for 49.00 that supposed to be for tools but it's ideal for our stuff.

It's $49.00 on sale down from $59.00 and fits the bill in many ways for ammo or mags. Plus it's on wheels.

That would be my suggestion also.

Back
Top Bottom