• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

I had routine bloodwork done a few years ago. My PCP called me a day later and was like your Vitamin D is too low. He put me on 50000 IU a day for a week and then 2000 IU a day for a month.
I take 1 pill of 1K IU every day between late November/December and mid May/ whenever I cna start running outside again wearing a t-shirt.

Is 1K IU/day too much?

PS: I never had a doctor check me, because every time I ask to be checked for something, they always push back, like it's an inconvenience for them. My last big fight was lead testing, no one wanted to do it. Lame.

Yes. People up north tend to have low vitamin D due to staying indoors half the year and if you are outside your entire body is covered. Could be worse we could be in Canada or MN and be cold for like 9 months.

I take vitamin D every day during winter. Vitamin D is good all around. The pills usually come in packs of like 500-700 pills, so one small box can last you a couple of years for like $12.

Those probably aren't the ones you should be taking. Look at @spacecritters notes. Good Vit D also needs a fat with it in your belly. Don't take before going to bed. Don't take on empty stomache.

I take 1 pill of 1K IU every day between late November/December and mid May/ whenever I cna start running outside again wearing a t-shirt.

Is 1K IU/day too much?
Depends on whether you eat bacon with your vitamins D. Or salmon. Salmon would be better slightly.

50k /day is scary high. I'd actually go look up the toxic dose. I'm pretty sure it's not much over 100k IU.

Those probably aren't the ones you should be taking. Look at @spacecritters notes. Good Vit D also needs a fat with it in your belly. Don't take before going to bed. Don't take on empty stomache.
20200503_231649.jpg 20200503_231628.jpg

I take those. No idea if they are the right one.
Go ahead, tell me they are junk [laugh]

They are junk.
Ok, I asked for it. I need a serious answer. [laugh]

I chose those ones because everything else was like 300% of daily requirements and I figured that was too high. I thought maybe the body doesnt absorb all of it, so if I go with 125% and end up getting 80-90%, I would be happy.

View attachment 354060View attachment 354061

Are you Asian? If not. Find something that doesn't include soybean oil. The chances of you being able to metabolize that are slim unless you are Asian.

This one isn't bad.

Getting sun on your arms and legs early morning or late evening is also vital too.

Is 1K IU/day too much?

PS: I never had a doctor check me, because every time I ask to be checked for something, they always push back, like it's an inconvenience for them. My last big fight was lead testing, no one wanted to do it. Lame.
1k IU is probably a bit low, assuming you're not getting any sun.

Pushback on testing? Weird. The only time my guy gave me any pushback at all - and that was only in the form of "Are you SURE you want to do this?" - was when I had my serum Alpha-1 level checked (yup - low). Reason being A1AD "on the record" generally makes one uninsurable.

Why haven't you "touched either in weeks"? Is your blood pressure improved? I also take Allegra, usually a half a day.

So is it or isn't it a vaccine?

Why wouldn't this approach work for the corona virus?

Tracking what?

I have vitamin D3, 50mcg per pill. I'll take one of these every day or every other day if I forget (often). Not sure what these numbers mean.
Tracking on the flu vaccine vs. just a shot

Are Government employees being paid right now that aren't actually working?
I’m a state employee and considered essential so I’m working from home. But based on some of the emails being sent out by higher ups in MA gov, there are some non essential state employees NOT getting paid right now. I don’t know how extensive that list of employees is though. I would guess that a majority of state employees ARE getting paid.

Marina's closed , public boat ramps closed.

Shore fishing maybe till someone bitches about seeing people enjoying something and that will be banned too.
You should listen to the scanner and some of the calls coming in, JFC .
"I saw three people playing baseball, send a police car."
"I saw four people walking and I don't think they were exactly six feet apart , sent a cop "
You can tell by the responses on the radio the cops are loosing patience with all the PITA busy bodies.
They finally changed the rules in Gloucester regarding boat ramp use. One person/boat at a time at the ramp.

I’m a big vitamin d guy and have been taking high dose for a while. I once asked my pcp to check my levels and she said every person she had ever tested in New England came back low. Lol

I don’t know if they are looking at in COVID patients, but there’s a whole theory with vitamin D and influenza.
I am also. I would recommend taking Vitamin K2 Mk7 with it too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmyXDdoJsg
Also this video about the virus and vitamin D.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza9kjcXCRY

When is the Mass Gov page to be updated to clarify if everyone is going back to work on the 18th or if it's being delayed till the end of June?

We're approaching 1in100 infection rate in mASS. I can't see anything being substantially opened on the 18th. 30th? Plus it gives us a chance to see how other areas are sustaining with limited openings. Missouri opened up almost the whole state starting Friday. WBF County had 2 total infections so they decided to open up.

I think anything beyond June 1 is a moot point. Unless Chahhhhlee wants to just extend it to be a dink. Which he's been known to do.

On the plus side, the gun-shop-closing lawsuit gets to continue and not declared moot if we stay closed. So there's that.

Studies I recall said there was no difference in effectiveness from a moderate 1000-2000 iu dose vs anything higher. What was important was the build up over time (1-2 months). Meaning don’t expect a benefit mega dosing when you get sick.

Sorta like them C-Slams or C-Ziums or whatever people take with 1 billion grams of Vitamin C so they can stave off a cold. I've seen very very smart people CONVINCED they work despite all evidence to the contrary. LOL

View attachment 354060View attachment 354061

That's what we take. My wife has been taking them for years because of low D levels. I try to do everything I can to raise her D level. ROFL!!! But we've had decent success with those 25mcg pills.

When is the Mass Gov page to be updated to clarify if everyone is going back to work on the 18th or if it's being delayed till the end of June?
They already cancelled school for the rest of the year and daycares are also closed until June.

I think we have a greater chance of the AG saying everyone should own an AK than the state opening again in 16 days.

A co-worker in DC just told me they are looking at a possible 2-3 month quarantine. I wouldn't be surprised if all the commie States north of DC start doing the same.

They already cancelled school for the rest of the year and daycares are also closed until June.

I think we have a greater chance of the AG saying everyone should own an AK than the state opening again in 16 days.

A co-worker in DC just told me they are looking at a possible 2-3 month quarantine. I wouldn't be surprised if all the commie States north of DC start doing the same.
I have no idea and no position on whether that's a good idea from a medical or epidemiological perspective, but at some point the combination of cabin fever and economic distress is going to break the wheels off a stay-at-home/quarantine order that goes 2 or 3 months past early June. The Michigan protests would go nationwide, I suspect?

Be careful with the vitamin D, E, and K supplements. They are all fat-soluble, which means you absolutely can overdose on it over time and develop hypervitaminosis. It builds up in your body to the point where you have too much and starts causing problems.

Vitamins B and C are water-soluble, so you essentially just pass the excess through since your body cannot store them. Theoretically you could overdose on these as well, but it's less likely.

I have no idea and no position on whether that's a good idea from a medical or epidemiological perspective, but at some point the combination of cabin fever and economic distress is going to break the wheels off a stay-at-home/quarantine order that goes 2 or 3 months past early June. The Michigan protests would go nationwide, I suspect?
Economic distress - I agree, that will be a huge issue, I actually think it already is. The govt will extend the extra $600. It is a win win for Ds, the Rs cant shut it down.

Cabin fever - lol, most people dont do sh*t anyway. We are not prisoners, we can go for walks, runs, hiking, riding bikes, fishing, most outdoor ranges are open, people can work on their yards... I'm not sure what the people complaining about cabin fever did before all this that they cant do now. Walk the mall?

If the standard for reopening is two weeks of declining hospitalizations and deaths, we are still on track for May 18. They added an advisory board of business people so hopefully that helps get things moving.

Been listening to economists lately and the damage is largely already done. The explanation is that the "90% economy" really sucks.

I am also. I would recommend taking Vitamin K2 Mk7 with it too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmyXDdoJsg
Also this video about the virus and vitamin D.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza9kjcXCRY

What I posted in the other thread:
MedCram: Dr. Seheult on supplements:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM2A2xNLWR4

On D generally:
Scroll down to "Acute Respiratory Infections"

Vitamin D and Immunity:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yVGmfivAk

On D3 and K2:
(The K2 keeps the D from dropping calcium into arteries instead of bones and teeth.)

On D deficiency in Europe (but not so much places like Iceland where they love their cod liver oil):

Be careful with the vitamin D, E, and K supplements. They are all fat-soluble, which means you absolutely can overdose on it over time and develop hypervitaminosis. It builds up in your body to the point where you have too much and starts causing problems.

Vitamins B and C are water-soluble, so you essentially just pass the excess through since your body cannot store them. Theoretically you could overdose on these as well, but it's less likely.
Yup - A as well. That's actually something of a concern with the cod liver oil - overdoing A and it causing problems. Eating polar bear liver can, too:
[grin]

14 days. Happy Star Wars Day. ;)

Economic distress - I agree, that will be a huge issue, I actually think it already is. The govt will extend the extra $600. It is a win win for Ds, the Rs cant shut it down.

Cabin fever - lol, most people dont do sh*t anyway. We are not prisoners, we can go for walks, runs, hiking, riding bikes, fishing, most outdoor ranges are open, people can work on their yards... I'm not sure what the people complaining about cabin fever did before all this that they cant do now. Walk the mall?

Regarding cabin fever... let's see...

Go for a walk/run/hike - yes.
Ride bike - yes.
Meet friends for drinks - nope.
Meet friends for lunch or dinner - nope.
Go hang out with friends - nope.
Go to a movie - nope.
Go help neighbor with his deck - technically maybe yes, but if you are all in on this being as contagious as norovirus and fatal as ebola, no.
Garden - yes, but I live in an apartment/the city, so, nope.
Fishing - yes, but what if you don't fish?
Go to the range - maybe, but my range is 100% shut down.

You are right, most people don't do sh*t. As such all they do is socialize. Go get drinks with the girls/boys. Go get lunch. Go see a movie. Go to the museum. They live in little boxes where you can't do anything so the only choice is to go out to do something. Take that away and they are left in their little boxes alone with themselves. Go for a walk/run/hike and you are still alone with yourself. Most people don't do well with self reflection and that is what happens when you take away all the other distractions.

I am guessing that you aren't hearing the cabin fever complaint from those with a basement shop, garden, cars to fix, projects to complete, etc. It is the city dweller who is all about the experience that is having issues.

Guessing doctor didn’t want to justify the test to insurance without any symptoms. Probably would have better luck if you paid for it out of pocket.

The committee to reopen Mass (or whatever it's called) plan is due on May 18th. No way we are "opening" by then.

All bars, restaurants, movie theaters, music/comedy venues, all that shit is basically closed. As well as metric shit tons of other events have all been cancelled. So you have a bunch of
people who had a bunch of shit they were going to do this spring basically not doing much. People can't even get a f***ing haircut. Churchies have to watch mass online. Any vacations or air travel is basically dead. I wanted to go to Vegas this spring but got f***ed out of that because of 'rona. lol. I haven't seen most of my friends at my private cigar club in like two months. Just the one dude I know who is a waiter that hibernates there because he has nothing to do, when I go down to refill the humidor tanks. the rest are mostly older guys and some at risk so they don't come out at all. Yeah if someone is a hibernating domesticus it doesn't change their life much- all that stupid bullshit is still open, you can go to Blowes, HD, buy mulch from (insert whoever here) and do all that pussy whipped stuff, sure. I get that. I know plenty of guys that do that stuff and their life doesn't change. Not all of us are domesticus types... anything cool is basically closed. Want to road trip and get something to eat? Sure, if you don't mind eating it in your car. [rofl]

Also "most outdoor ranges" are not open. If your club is one of the ones that is closed either by corona pansies or baker's edict/Kopsch closing it, you're basically up the
creek. Since most other clubs that are open are doing NO GUESTS you can't even cheat and piggyback off your buddy's club if you wanted, and to top that off even if you wanted to
join elsewhere you can't because none of them are running meetings.

I don't have a huge problem with it but it's trivially easy for me to see why people have cabin fever. This shit is pretty disruptive.

The only thing that's really saved me is I spend a lot of time alone anyways. And I don't watch much TV, so the fact that sportsball and all that stuff is off, is not terribly disruptive. Not being
able to go out to eat blows chunks, though.

-Mike

I've never had a vacation from my job - ever....so I don't miss a damn thing. The only things I do miss is being able to see a doctor, shop without waiting in lines (I feel positively Russian these days when I food shop), libraries, the occasional shopping at the bookstores and malls, but it's not much. I haven't been to a movie in years and I'm not missing anything there. I don't drink so bars aren't important to me...but I do miss having my music/language lessons. Other than that....I'm good.

Try six weeks inside after a knee replacement surgery.
Then being told you need a second operation on your knee to fix the tendons attached to your knee cap.
I would bend my knee and the knee cap would go to the extreme outside of my knee.
Being in a knee immobilizer for approx. a month.
The start physical therapy all over and not being yourself till this October after six months since the operation..

Don't worry, I'm betting that they don't free everyone till September when the kids go back to school.

The lost wages over this summer will destroy whole industries and businesses.

In addition to the above notes -
I live in the city. (Yes, it is my own fault.) Since I don't have a garage/cellar to work in, I pay for a makerspace membership and rent space there for my projects (this doubles as my office, as I'm self-employed). I'm not allowed in because the world is shut down, so I can't work on my motorcycle, or build a new rifle, or do anything else that requires the tools there. Let's just say my "yard" right now is a paved lot...

On top of that, all the idiots that can't live their normal (social) lives are on the street even more than usual, so biking/jogging means I'm surrounded by some combination of Karens and idiots who, lacking other options, have just "discovered" the outdoors.

Then I'd drive somewhere, but parking at beaches and other public parks is banned; so that's out too. I don't know how heavily they're enforcing this, but I'm not looking to find out right now because I don't feel like picking up a parking ticket (or a tow) for something that dumb.

Let's let the world get going so everyone can all go back inside...somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom