MA LTC/A Applying for CT Permit

Is CT pretty good about honoring their stated turn around time of 8 weeks? I mailed my Maine renewal and CT initial apps today. The 3 separate fees in the form of a MO or bank check and getting it notarized for CT was an annoyance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Is CT pretty good about honoring their stated turn around time of 8 weeks? I mailed my Maine renewal and CT initial apps today. The 3 separate fees in the form of a MO or bank check and getting it notarized for CT was an annoyance.

If you are a non-resident then you will typically receive your CT permit faster than a CT resident.

If you are a CT resident then you may have a wait as short as 2 weeks or much longer than 2 months, depending upon which town you live in and how much the local police department drags their feet.

If you are a non-resident then you will typically receive your CT permit faster than a CT resident.

If you are a CT resident then you may have a wait as short as 2 weeks or much longer than 2 months, depending upon which town you live in and how much the local police department drags their feet.

Thanks. It's a non-resident app.

I hold a bunch of LTC's right now.

I wanted to get a CT Non-Res Permit so I went to a NRA Class so I could get my CT Non-Res Permit.

I got the class done just before Sandy Hook happened, so I didn't send my paperwork in yet.

I'm wondering what the "Air Is Like" in Ct right now???

Is it a good idea to still send my paperwork in for the Non-Res Permit or has it changed to the point were they are not giving permits right now???

Thanks

David

I hold a bunch of LTC's right now.

I wanted to get a CT Non-Res Permit so I went to a NRA Class so I could get my CT Non-Res Permit.

I got the class done just before Sandy Hook happened, so I didn't send my paperwork in yet.

I'm wondering what the "Air Is Like" in Ct right now???

Is it a good idea to still send my paperwork in for the Non-Res Permit or has it changed to the point were they are not giving permits right now???

Thanks

David

David - you poor poor man. You have what I've repeatedly referred to MA beaten down dog syndrome. All kidding aside, CT is still a state of laws. Permits are being issued. People are applying. Send it in. There's no reason to wait. Non-Res applicants still have it better than residents because you don't have to deal with a local CLEO.

Don

p.s. if you have any questions on your application, feel free to PM me. I've been giving the CT classes and helping people fill out the app for about 10 years.

David - you poor poor man. You have what I've repeatedly referred to MA beaten down dog syndrome. All kidding aside, CT is still a state of laws. Permits are being issued. People are applying. Send it in. There's no reason to wait. Non-Res applicants still have it better than residents because you don't have to deal with a local CLEO.

Don

p.s. if you have any questions on your application, feel free to PM me. I've been giving the CT classes and helping people fill out the app for about 10 years.

Great, Thanks Don...

I hear ya, I wish I could move out of MA, we are kind of thinking SC or NC or TN, but I just can't do it with all of our "Stuff We Have Going On". it sucks that I'm stuck here for now.

I think I'll be all set with the paperwork, but I will PM you if I run into a problem.

Last edited:
My application went out December 28th. Still waiting on mine. I'm assuming if anything was bad, I'd have heard by now. I grew up in CT and had a license to carry before moving to Mass. I foolishly let it expire instead of changing to non-res. I did include a photocopy of my old license with my current Mass. I'll post again when I get it.

My application went out December 28th. Still waiting on mine. I'm assuming if anything was bad, I'd have heard by now. I grew up in CT and had a license to carry before moving to Mass. I foolishly let it expire instead of changing to non-res. I did include a photocopy of my old license with my current Mass. I'll post again when I get it.
I submitted mine right after New Year's. Still waiting as well. Keep me posted.

Don't worry. CT is effectively a shall issue state. It will come. Don't be afraid to call to check.
I did call to double check. I spoke to a very nice woman that said they got it, all there, still processing. I called at about week 7. Was told 8-10 weeks. My guess is it's going to be longer as we're going on week 10 right now.

Mine was received by CT on or around 2/1. I checked with the bank I got the checks from and as of approx a week ago only the $70 check was cashed. The 2 finger print checks had not been.

Nope, I was wondering the same thing. My wait is only around the 8 week mark though....

I talked with the woman an hour or so ago. She said 3 months, but don't hold her to it. May be sooner, may be longer. Mine was received by them on 2/4, so I am looking at another 4-6 weeks or so.

I checked in again. Nice woman, sounds overworked and over pressured. I guess my early mailing on the 9th or 10th of January to them was delayed at reception of the application. According to them the application was initially processed January 24th. That said she advised me that applications are overwhelming and process time is taking 3 to 4 months "or so". They will get to my application when they do. Sigh...here's to waiting for more time to pass.

I talked to "Rose" at the CT Special Licensing & Firearms Unit (860-685-8290) today about my non resident application (they received on January 17th). She sounded pretty stressed and overworked to me as well, but was very polite. She said my application was part of a "batch" of non resident applications that they hoped to have processed in the next week. I am crossing my fingers that I will have my permit including mail time (with any luck) in hand by the 1st of May.

In the past I've discussed how if a LEO tells you the state is backloged, they were simply lying to you.

Well, thats not the case anymore. The new CT law will require an eligibility certificate or a pistol permit to purchase any firearms after 10/13. So there has been a mad run to get pistol permits. This has resulted in a massive backlog at the state.

This article is consistent with the recent results of a FOIA request by CTCarry. (ctcarry.com)

Don

State police swamped by background checks on guns - Connecticut Post

(Thats right, the backlog is over 60,000!!!!)

Back
Top Bottom