M44 Bolt Removal...

Okay, so yeah - I'm surplus rifle incompetent. And yes, you're right - I did not do a search, or follow links to other sites. I'm feeling lazy, (been working too much) and am just looking for a short-cut, (isn't that what friends are for?).

At the 4th shoot, someone whose name I cannot remember was shooting my M44. We struck up a conversation and he was shooting my carbine quite a bit. He was telling me how the ammo I was using would gunk up the chamber and zip - he pulled the bolt out and showed me a few appreciated tips on working the action and popped it right back in. I was either too proud or too stupid to ask him how he did it. I know it must be simple, but I'm just not seeing the magic...Help?

Okay, so yeah - I'm surplus rifle incompetent. And yes, you're right - I did not do a search, or follow links to other sites. I'm feeling lazy, (been working too much) and am just looking for a short-cut, (isn't that what friends are for?).

At the 4th shoot, someone whose name I cannot remember was shooting my M44. We struck up a conversation and he was shooting my carbine quite a bit. He was telling me how the ammo I was using would gunk up the chamber and zip - he pulled the bolt out and showed me a few appreciated tips on working the action and popped it right back in. I was either too proud or too stupid to ask him how he did it. I know it must be simple, but I'm just not seeing the magic...Help?

Hold the trigger back, and the bolt will slide right out.

You guys rock - it's out and I'm free now from the shame of not asking in the first place... [cheers]

PS: Is anyone but me amazed at how accurate these carbines are??? I read threads about 6-inches high - two feet low etc...Mine is gnats ass on - is this normal, or was I just lucky?

Mine is damn accurate to [smile],Do you shoot yours with bayonet in or out. My m44 shoots wicked accurate with the bayonet out then if I fold up the bayonet it is way off target.

Some are just built right and can give great accuracy.
I have a Polish M44 that shoots incredible groups at 100 yards using Wolf 148 grain ammo. Than again the Polish models are top of the line in these rifle types.

i fell in love with the mosins this year. such a fun rifle to shoot! now i have my very own M44, looking for somewhere to go shooting with it. cant wait to try it out!

Was that you who's M44 I was shooting a few times, if you had any questions you should have asked. I've been collecting M44's for over 10 years now.

Yeah, that was me. We were talking about ammo and you were pointing out the silvertips I was using would gunk up the chamber and you pulled the bolt out - I guess you had done it before... [wink] Got home that night and tried to look for some magic lever to free it....Turns out it was the trigger - [grin]

you do know that you have to pull the trigger to put it back in as well...right...

Another piece of advice: Don't not put the trigger pin back in after it's fallen out, then force the bolt past the top of the trigger assembly, making it incredibly difficult to get the bolt out again. Not that I would do anything that stupid, of course. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom