• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Tool ID?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Gave my son my WWII Springfield M1 over the weekend. As we were inspecting it I noticed a small rattle from the stock. Opened up that little trap door and found two items, a small canvas bag holding a broken down cleaning rod and this item. Can't find it in any of my M1 material. What is it and what is is used for?

That's a Danish .30-06 training round for size comparison and a small container of grease/lube (?) that this item had punctured over the years.

Attachments

• M1 Tool.JPG
    M1 Tool.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 20
Gave my son my WWII Springfield M1 over the weekend. As we were inspecting it I noticed a small rattle from the stock. Opened up that little trap door and found two items, a small canvas bag holding a broken down cleaning rod and this item. Can't find it in any of my M1 material. What is it and what is is used for?

That's a Danish .30-06 training round for size comparison and a small container of grease/lube (?) that this item had punctured over the years.
M10 tool, cleaning rod handle, gas nut wrench and bolt disassembly tool all in one. Im sure there are other uses?

Back
Top Bottom