Buffer spring ID ?

50wt

NES Member
I did a quick search on duckagogo , but got nothing regarding a green buffer spring other than a Springco , which i dont think it is.

Compared to another carbine spring, its got a few extra coils and using calipers, it measures about .072 .

I was told it may be a Spikes , but they werent sure.

Screenshot_20211007-085022_Gallery.jpg

Looks like the right color for a Springco rifle-length...

Sprinco USA AR-15 Action Springs - Select A Color/Strength
  • White - AR15 Regular Power.
  • Blue - AR15 Medium Power.
  • Red- AR15 Extra Power.
  • Orange - 308 Extra Power.
  • Green - Rifle Length.
  • Yellow - AR Reduced Power.

1633630435351.png

Emailed Sprinco and they were quick to respond say tha they did not produce this particular spring. The wire diameter and OAL does not match their green rifle buffer spring.

I

The reason why i questioned this particular spring is because it is extremely noisy and has more resistance than other springs. A .1.00 pin drops to the bottom of the buffer tube without any binding. So, that eliminates a tapered bore. However, after careful analysis and a.can of some Fall brew, i did discover that the finish on the id of the buffer tube is absolute shit. I couldnt see it after consuming a 1/2 can of 5.4abv , but could feel it. Almost like it was done with a drill or a boring bar with a chipped insert. Eliminating one thing at a time , after swapping buffer tubes and using the same green spring, not only was.it smoother but it was much quieter.

Id never think a surface finish on such a simple and overlooked part would make that much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom