• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Garand Parts in Metrowest Mass or RI?

aLuckyFourteen

NES Member
I just got into the M1 Garand game (I know, terrible timing. Or maybe good timing as the CMP is about to run out?) Anyway, I'm looking for a bunch of small parts for my current Springfield and wondering if there is a good shop local to me that carries a bunch of Garand parts that came off different rifles. I live in Metrowest MA, near the RI border.

Most of the larger, more expensive parts I've bought online through people on the CMP forums, but I need a bunch of small parts like swivels, ferrules, etc. that would be easier to buy as I need by just walking into a shop. I was at the Foxboro gun show last weekend and there was a shop from ME there that had lots of parts but I didn't know what I needed until I just found a stock and now need hardware. [grin]

Thanks!

I just got into the M1 Garand game (I know, terrible timing. Or maybe good timing as the CMP is about to run out?) Anyway, I'm looking for a bunch of small parts for my current Springfield and wondering if there is a good shop local to me that carries a bunch of Garand parts that came off different rifles. I live in Metrowest MA, near the RI border.

Most of the larger, more expensive parts I've bought online through people on the CMP forums, but I need a bunch of small parts like swivels, ferrules, etc. that would be easier to buy as I need by just walking into a shop. I was at the Foxboro gun show last weekend and there was a shop from ME there that had lots of parts but I didn't know what I needed until I just found a stock and now need hardware. [grin]

Thanks!
did you get the contact info from the guys from ME? I don't know of any shops actively stocking any parts other than AR and a few generic sights and a few screws here and there.
If your looking for stock hardware the reproduction stuff is so so.

The place in ME is called Black Bear Military Supply. He said they do lots of mail order but I figured it'd be easier if I could find a local spot. He had several drawers full of ferrules, swivels, plugs, followers, etc. I'd prefer original parts over reproduction.

E store on cmp is a great recourse

Noah's on rt 1 saugus mass great smith and parts inventory. I'd call first before going to confirm hours.

Go to the gun show in Concord NH this weekend. There should be parts. Oh and the CMP sells parts on the Estore too.
all most all the parts on CMP estore have been refinished/reparked but should be USGI parts

Go to the Biddeford, ME gun show coming up soon. Pete Gordon will be there. He had tons of U.S. and foreign milsurps parts.

Back
Top Bottom