• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbine

Was at Collectable Arms & Ammo in Merrimack NH the other day, looking for ammo for my M1 carbine. They were selling 50rds boxes of .30 Carbine Aguila 110gr. FMJ Ammo for $20 a box. Aguila is good stuff and thats the best price I've found in a store/shop for this brand. (I looked at the internet and you can get it about the same per box but you have to buy a case of 20 boxes..which $$$ and I don't need 20 boxes at the moment.) The stuff works well in my M1 so I bought 5 boxes of the stuff! Thought I'd pass out the info if anyone needing to score some M1 carbine ammo at a good price.

Thank you for reviving this post! It's certainly led to an interesting discussion of what seems to be a great part of firearms history.

Was at Collectable Arms & Ammo in Merrimack NH the other day, looking for ammo for my M1 carbine. They were selling 50rds boxes of .30 Carbine Aguila 110gr. FMJ Ammo for $20 a box. A/
Nice, dealer price at Midway is $23.50 a box plus shipping.

The reimported USGI rifles are worth less and can be good shooters. I have an IBM that has a Blue Sky import stamp, not really collectible but a good shooter.

They got a bad rap for "stopping power" in Korea, but in the jungle in WWII they had an excellent reputation. The Brits loved them.
Yep, Brits loved them... from the top down! [smile]

Churchill_Shoot02.jpg

He's right about that. I've got a book on the Burma Campaign written by a British Military historian and he goes on and on about how the Brits would trade anything and everything for M1s. They loved the Tommy guns too, but felt that they were too heavy. Gen Merrill agreed with them after his march from Burma into India. He and Gen Stillwell pushed to get every M1 they could.
They're still incredibly popular over there. I know that the Militaries of Thailand, Philippines, Burma, Laos, and Cambodia still issue them.

I really need to add one to the collection.

Aloha

I'm a dumbass. I mixed my WWI CBI Generals up. Gen Stillwell lead the Walkout in 1942, carrying a M1928, not Merrill. Oops.

stillwell thompson 2.jpg
stillwell thompson.jpg

This thread is making me want to buy another one.

I know of two locally.

Nice shape NPM, no import for $800, and a very nice IBM with Blue Sky import mark, also $800.

Back
Top Bottom