m1 carbine condition

My Inland was in pretty decent shape. The wood had the typical dings from years of use, but there were not cracks or splits. The metal and blueing was also in very good shape as well. The ones you see at gun stores for $700-$800 were in worse shape then the one I got at the CMP. I don't think you will be disapointed. They are going fast though at the CMP, so I'd order soon if you want one.

My Inland was outstanding. Well worth the cost. Just some stock cleanup and it was ready to go. The parkerizing was in excellent shape.

My Inland came with a great barrel, bore and receiver. The stock was a varnished M2 pot belly that looks hideous, besides not being correct for the 42 and 43 receiver and barrel. I've got a stock & matching handguard coming from eBay that will make me feel a little better. [grin]

regards....roger

As it arrived in the box:
IMG_0426.jpg

After a little cleaning up:
DSC00497.jpg

that does it[smile];will start saving for one. july 2008 is the next date you can apply

If by "apply" you mean become a CMP member you can send in your application any time you want. Once they approve it you will get your member number and be ready to order. I believe they still have rack grade Inlands available - the Rockola and Winchester sold out on the 9th.

Be ready to send the order in ASAP - the first day they were taking orders for the Rockola/Winchesters was Mon Jan 7th, by late Monday or Tues the 8th they had already posted "Sold Out Jan 9th" on the website (based on orders received and orders expected to receive) - I forgot to send mine on Saturday - so I sent it next day on Mon - so I hope they got it on Tues and I got in under the wire.

This type of instant sell out has been pretty typical lately with the CMP - so get your order there right at the opening bell or you stand a chance of losing out.

I think the Inland I got last May was in good shape. The wood was good except for the usual handling dings and the metal was very good with minor wear on the sharp edges. After a little cleaning, the bore was nice and shiny and the rifling seems fairly strong. I shot it twice since I got it and it is a fun little rifle.

I was so pleased with it, that I recently ordered a Winchester to go with my Winchester Garand. They didn't have many and were swamped with orders, but if I'm lucky and get the Winchester, I'll be a happy camper!

Check the CMP site ASAP and make sure you meet all the requirements to order.

Rifling was sharp and well defined. I was hitting the three hundred yard steel target offhand with Wolf ammo. I was very happy with the firearm as shipped.

Back
Top Bottom