M&p40

Still have not found new 92 or 96 inox, so starting to consider other models. One on my mind, and is said to be on the new list available in 2 or 3 months, is the M&P40. Any out of stater's own this one, and might lend insight to overall performance? Thanks.

I would take the M&P over the Inox any day. Actually wouldn't even consider the Inox esp. when compared to the M&P. I've gotten to handle the M&P and it's really nice. It has the same grip angle as a 1911 which is a major benefit. There are a ton of great features on the gun as well. I'm not crazy about all the safety gadgets on the gun but besides that it's a great value. I'll have one when they become avail. for sure. Just know if you get one in MA they will have the MA trigger which is about 10lbs. I will switch mine out with the trigger the free world gets.

Pete

PistolPete said:
I would take the M&P over the Inox any day. Actually wouldn't even consider the Inox esp. when compared to the M&P. I've gotten to handle the M&P and it's really nice. It has the same grip angle as a 1911 which is a major benefit. There are a ton of great features on the gun as well. I'm not crazy about all the safety gadgets on the gun but besides that it's a great value. I'll have one when they become avail. for sure. Just know if you get one in MA they will have the MA trigger which is about 10lbs. I will switch mine out with the trigger the free world gets.

Pete
Since I am a newbie, I don't know alot about compliance. If I purchase it in MA, with 10 .lb trigger, can I switch it out for original trigger legally?

redsoxfan1 said:
Since I am a newbie, I don't know alot about compliance. If I purchase it in MA, with 10 .lb trigger, can I switch it out for original trigger legally?

Go to S&W in Springfield and shoot it first. It's a little snappy for a new shooter. It is very light, which is great if you are a LEO and are carring it open. It is pretty big to conceal.

I found the 1911 much more comfortable to shoot.

Matt

(I just read RebelGT's post, guess I'm a wuss! But none the less, shoot it before you but it.)

Last edited:
matt said:
Go to S&W in Springfield and shoot it first. It's a little snappy for a new shooter. It is very light, which is great if you are a LEO and are carring it open. It is pretty big to conceal.

I found the 1911 much more comfortable to shoot.

Matt

(I just read RebelGT's post, guess I'm a wuss! But none the less, shoot it before you but it.)

My 2 cents,

Apples and Oranges. I have held the M&P. I don't see how one could compare it to a 1911. I think one could argue the differences with a Glock but a 1911 is a whole other world.

Moderator said:
My 2 cents,

Apples and Oranges. I have held the M&P. I don't see how one could compare it to a 1911. I think one could argue the differences with a Glock but a 1911 is a whole other world.

Definitely true. It's just he mentioned he's a new shooter and the kick from the M&P seemed much sharper than the 1911 I happened to shoot just before it. I don't mean to imply he should go for a 1911. Just that it might not be appropriate for a new shooter...

matt said:
Definitely true. It's just he mentioned he's a new shooter and the kick from the M&P seemed much sharper than the 1911 I happened to shoot just before it. I don't mean to imply he should go for a 1911. Just that it might not be appropriate for a new shooter...
as far as the kick (being a new shooter) I am 6' 240 lbs., and I use nail guns all day. not to compare recoil, but I have built up quite a grip due to my profession.

I have one in .40S/W. I find it carries better then my current duty weapon,Beretta 96. The M/P's recoil is softer then the Beretta and has much less muzzle flip. The M/P also holds 15+1 compared to the Beretta's 11+1 Mine came without the Mag disconnect and internal lock.

Handle one at 4seasons yesterday, looks like SW has a winner. It felt good in my hand ( any gun feels good in my hands) and looks great. Carl said it should be on the next A.G. list for MA.sale.

have you seen Beretta's PX4 yet? Its a great gun and its rotating locking block design tames recoil. Don't rule it out, I shot one yesterday at Beretta's range day in Norwalk, CT and now I need to own it.

I know SW has sent the MP for MA testing not sure if Beretta has sent any of their new models in for (bs) testing.

Back
Top Bottom