• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P adustable rear sights

I purchased an M&P 9c on Friday, and took it out yesterday. One thing became clear real quick-this shoots VERY low for me. at approximately 7yds, I am shooting almost a foot low. This was my first go with the pistol, but, I put over 100 rounds through it, and had to hold over the paper to even HIT the paper. So, I am thinking I need adjustable sights.
I took a look online, and the only ones I really came across were Novak sights. Does anyone use these? And, are there other options out there? I likely will not be able to purchase one for a month, but would like some input from folks here. Let me know what you use, if anything, and your experiences, both positive & negative. Thanks!

you in Mass? Does the gun have the stock Mass trigger? Could be an artifact of the heavy trigger. When I bought my M&P9 - all my shots were getting yanked to the right. When I had the trigger fixed, it was an amazing difference - the holes went where I wanted them.

you in Mass? Does the gun have the stock Mass trigger? Could be an artifact of the heavy trigger. When I bought my M&P9 - all my shots were getting yanked to the right. When I had the trigger fixed, it was an amazing difference - the holes went where I wanted them.

Yup,

I would bet it's the trigger or you. The gun is not off that much. What size groups are you getting?

I bought it used, the trigger feels pretty gritty. No sure if there was any work done to it prior to me. Nothing was mentioned of it. My father, who shoots far more than I do (currently), also shot low. But, the trigger fix is something I wanted to do anyway, maybe I will do that first.

Something is either wrong with the sights or with your shooting technique. Try shooting it off a bench. If it still hits low, I'd get the sights replaced. If it's accurate off a bench, get the trigger fixed. I wouldn't go with adjustables on a carry gun though. They tend to add bulk and are easy to throw out of whack if you catch them on something.

Back
Top Bottom