M&P .45

Just picked one up yesterday. Probably won't get to the range with it for a week or two.

Where did you buy your M&P? I was curious as to what the pricing was from dealer to dealer.

I have one for several months, and I LOVE it. M&P 45 is a great firearm, I use it for fun and have it ready as a home protection gun.

Without pics, yadayadayda.[smile]

I'll be the first with pics then [smile]

The whole family: Top M&P45, middle M&P9, bottom M&P9c

attachment.php

The 45 didn't have the Dawson sights yet so imagine it with the same sights that are on the M&P9 [wink]

Attachments

• The_family.jpg
    The_family.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 245
I've had mine since last May or so. Had Greg Derr do a trigger job on it and stipple the trigger. Awesome 5# trigger, smooth as silk now.

why are people sending these out for trigger jobs? its less than $50 in parts to do away with the crappy Ma trigger and mag disconnect . Change the sear block, trigger unit and trigger spring. THe hardest part is getting the parts

why are people sending these out for trigger jobs? its less than $50 in parts to do away with the crappy Ma trigger and mag disconnect . Change the sear block, trigger unit and trigger spring. THe hardest part is getting the parts

Try to find the parts [wink]

Because for $65 Greg Derr will make it better than a free state trigger and you don't have to worry about f'ing it up yourself [wink].

why are people sending these out for trigger jobs? its less than $50 in parts to do away with the crappy Ma trigger and mag disconnect . Change the sear block, trigger unit and trigger spring. The hardest part is getting the parts

Both my FS M&Ps are "free state" guns, and still the triggers were terrible!

There is more to fixing this than throwing parts at it.

Because for $65 Greg Derr will make it better than a free state trigger and you don't have to worry about f'ing it up yourself [wink].

Amen! Cheaper than "break-in" by running 5-700 rds of ammo thru it too!

I've had mine since last May or so. Had Greg Derr do a trigger job on it and stipple the trigger. Awesome 5# trigger, smooth as silk now.

What does stipple the trigger mean and what does it accomplish? I am considering getting a M&P45 and subsequently a Derr trigger job. I am looking for another .45, not a 1911, for a decent price and want new. I have an old Colt 1911 and the P220. Does anybody have the P220 and M&P45? Comparison report?

What does stipple the trigger mean and what does it accomplish? I am considering getting a M&P45 and subsequently a Derr trigger job. I am looking for another .45, not a 1911, for a decent price and want new. I have an old Colt 1911 and the P220. Does anybody have the P220 and M&P45? Comparison report?

AFIK it means to add texture to it, like is done on grips. Gives a more positive 'feell' to the finger.

Just yesterday I pulled the trigger of a M&P 45 at a friends gun shop.To me it is like arm wrestling.The trigger pull is so heavy before it finally goes off that I believe the average shooter would be very lucky to hit a man sized target at 50 yds.JMHO

Just yesterday I pulled the trigger of a M&P 45 at a friends gun shop.To me it is like arm wrestling.The trigger pull is so heavy before it finally goes off that I believe the average shooter would be very lucky to hit a man sized target at 50 yds.JMHO

50 yards or did you mean 50 feet?

I meant 50 yds.A shooter with average skills,should be able to hit a man sized target at 50 yds with a full sized handgun.If not,practice,practice,practice.

What does stipple the trigger mean and what does it accomplish?

The trigger being smooth plastic, allows your finger to slide inward as you shoot/reset. Doesn't help accuracy. Thus, my attempt to have it a bit rougher surface to minimize this effect.

I have one from the first time it was released with the 6 lb trigger. I haven't felt the need for a trigger job as it shoots like a dream as it is...

OOB, they are not all alike, mine was 11# measured . . . and it is a "free America" trigger. Some day when we are both at the range, you need to try mine and perhaps you'll see the diff (Greg's trigger job).

But they now come to MA with a 10.5# trigger, correct?

As a minimum! Some MA triggers have been reported (to me) as high as 17# by Jim Conway!!

As above, they are all different, not repeatable. I think it is due to the mfg process. My M&P 45 wasn't bad, just 11# pull . . . 700 rds later it was 8#! After Greg got thru with it it is smooth and 5#. My M&P 9 was 8# OOB but like pulling thru sand . . . that's why I "pulled the trigger" on giving it to Greg rather than waste more $$ on ammo plus the unpleasantness until it smoothed out. Now smooth and 5#.

Last edited:
I meant 50 yds.A shooter with average skills,should be able to hit a man sized target at 50 yds with a full sized handgun.If not,practice,practice,practice.

Maybe, but he better be pointing a rifle at you if you feel in fear of your life while your attacker is 150ft away from you.

OOB, they are not all alike, mine was 11" measured . . . and it is a "free America" trigger. Some day when we are both at the range, you need to try mine and perhaps you'll see the diff (Greg's trigger job).
From what I understand...it's the same trigger that everyone else in the US got.

It's smooth, and I've had MANY people shoot it and say they love the trigger.

Yea, you'll have to give it a try and let me know what you think.

OOB, they are not all alike, mine was 11" measured . . . and it is a "free America" trigger. Some day when we are both at the range, you need to try mine and perhaps you'll see the diff (Greg's trigger job).
From what I understand...it's the same trigger that everyone else in the US got.

It's smooth, and I've had MANY people shoot it and say they love the trigger.

Yea, you'll have to give it a try and let me know what you think.

C-pher, if you tried mine with the Santurri trigger you'd drool [smile]

Back
Top Bottom