M&P 45 auto

Are you sure that magazine is fully inserting? Maybe try a different magazine?

You sure there's nothing wrong with the ammo itself? Last thing you'd want is a bullet that's seated too deep in the case that spikes the pressure and makes a gun go kaboom.

I have 2 and about half a dozen magazines. I practice with round nose ammo about twice a week and have never had that problem.

I have 2 and about half a dozen magazines. I practice with round nose ammo about twice a week and have never had that problem.
It's a weird issue. I can drop the ammo into the chamber no problem. Gun was recently cleaned as well. If I rease the slide by slingshotting it, it will jam. If I use the slide release it will function but it is very stiff, and difficult to do. My daughter says that it was not that difficult before. I am not the one that cleaned it. I'm going to take it apart today to make sure it was reassembled correctly. Will also try another mag if she has one.

A .45 ACP pistol that will not feed FMJ ammo is defective. The problem could certainly be a magazine, or possibly dirt or lubrication. But if the problem is not obvious, then the pistol needs repair.

.45 ACP FMJ is the most standardized common round. All .45 FMJ ammo is 230 grains at about 830 feet per second, and with similar shaped bullets and overall length. .45 ACP does not have the variety of bullet weights, shapes, and velocities that is common in other rounds, so if the gun won't feed a common brand of .45 FMJ ammo, then there is a real problem. Some people will talk down Winchester White box, but I have shot lots of it, and it is perfectly good range ammo.

There are a good number of .45 pistols that will only feed FMJ rounds, and that is annoying, but not necessarily defective. But that is not the problem at hand.

Mine eats everything thrown at it. I did have an issue with one of the magazines springs becoming "stiff". Disassembled, cleaned and lubed the mag, no more issues.

Try loading the mag down one or two rounds. There is a lot of spring tension on those mags. That’s not a solution but would help you diagnose the problem.
Try assembling without the recoil spring and cycle the slide slowly to see if it hangs up at any point, if it does you could start to stone the burr or bump causing the issue.
Try different grease on the slide, rails and barrel.
Anything beyond that send back to S&W.
Needs to be reliable Especially in bear country!

Magazine for the win. It's the spring. Pulled it apart and stretched it out and now feeding easily and perfectly every time. Will order a new spring. This was an edc for the prior owner so this mag was in the gun all the time with ten rounds or however many it holds.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom