M&p 15-22 trigger upgrade

yogi

NES Member
I want to upgrade my S&w 15-22 with a new trigger. Looking for something really light and easy to install. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Not knowing what the MP22 trigger group looks like have you tried the 15min AR trigger job. I was actually surprised how well just the DIY polishing job did on my Mil spec trigger. I have sinced moved on to very fine polishing compound. Worth a try if your going to replace it anyway.
I like my RRA NM 2 stage trigger. I have them in all but 2 ARs now.

M&p 15-22 trigger upgrade

^What he said.

Are you looking for single stage or two stage?
The 15-22 takes any AR15 compatible trigger group.

I got the Performance Center with S&W two stage, but had some problems with it and did not want to send the gun back to S&W so swapped it out myself.

For the price, I like Rock River's two stage varmint trigger, about 3 1/2 pounds. I also run RR's in all my ARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a CMC 3.5# trigger in mine, lighter and great feel. Did not help as much for speed shooting as I had hoped for. But a solid trigger.

As the Lower on the M&P is wider than a normal lower, make sure you got the .22 M+P (trigger) pins with it or separately.

I put a CMC 3.5# trigger in mine, lighter and great feel. Did not help as much for speed shooting as I had hoped for. But a solid trigger.

As the Lower on the M&P is wider than a normal lower, make sure you got the .22 M+P (trigger) pins with it or separately.

What where you looking for in terms of speed shooting from the trigger..
Shaving a few pounds of the pull is not going to speed things up. Lock time, reset and over travel needs to be accounted for.
Now I have no idea how to measure that stuff.
I'm in the thinking of if you reached a skill level that trigger is actually slowing you down....bravo and hit the national events!
Do you have a single stage or two stage.
When I'm trying to shoot fast I like the single stage the best. I have a flat trigger kit I bought of a club member.
It's very good for shooting fast. The reset on it is extremely short vs mil spec and my RRA NM trigger.
What I don't like is you can easily bump fire it if your not solid on your trigger control.

Last edited:
Lighter trigger = slightly quicker.

My finger cramps up and I slow down by the 6th shot. So I'm the weak link. But figured less stress on my finger, the less cramping.

Its a single stage. Only reason at all that I would choose a 2-Stage is for a target rifle.

Lighter trigger = slightly quicker.

My finger cramps up and I slow down by the 6th shot. So I'm the weak link. But figured less stress on my finger, the less cramping.

Its a single stage. Only reason at all that I would choose a 2-Stage is for a target rifle.

nice.... is it just the trigger finger....my friend has nerve damage on his trigger finger and he started using his middle finger...it was akward for him at first but eventual became easier and he shoots much better with the finger he can control and shoot with out as much pain/discomfort

The beauty of the M&P 15-22 is that unlike all the other AR .22 knockoffs (other than those built with real AR receivers) the M&P uses REAL AR fire control parts.

As such, any trigger will work, right up to a $300 Geissele. Of course the idea of putting a $300 trigger in a $350 gun seems a bit ridiculous.

As a nice compromise I'd suggest a Rock River Arms match 2 stage trigger. You can find them for $75 to $85 and they are worlds better than stock.

Also, they are more reliable than somethig like a JP lightened hammer spring.

Don

The beauty of the M&P 15-22 is that unlike all the other AR .22 knockoffs (other than those built with real AR receivers) the M&P uses REAL AR fire control parts.

As such, any trigger will work, right up to a $300 Geissele. Of course the idea of putting a $300 trigger in a $350 gun seems a bit ridiculous.

As a nice compromise I'd suggest a Rock River Arms match 2 stage trigger. You can find them for $75 to $85 and they are worlds better than stock.

Also, they are more reliable than somethig like a JP lightened hammer spring.

Don

The cost/benefit on an RRA NM trigger is about as good as you will find.
There are better but they cost more, many much more. There are cheaper but they aren't nearly as good, some horrifically so.

Back
Top Bottom