Lynn teens nabbed for pistol whipping man

W

wolf223

LYNN - Two Lynn teenagers were arraigned Tuesday on attempted robbery and assault charges after they allegedly pistol- whipped and punched a man numerous times at the corner of Beacon Hill and Lawton avenues, police said.

Alexander Rentas, 17, of 28 Fearless Ave. and a 16-year-old boy from Brimblecom Street were arrested about 11 p.m. Monday and charged with armed assault with intent to commit robbery and two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon among other charges.

A 25-year-old man told police the two men approached him outside a convenience store and asked if he would buy them alcohol. When the man declined, one of the suspects allegedly pulled out a handgun and said, "Give me all your money," according to police.

When the victim said he didn't have any cash one of the suspects, believed to be Rentas, pistol whipped him on the side of the face while the juvenile punched him, police said.

When all was said and done the victim was pistol whipped at least four times.

During the fight, the victim said he was able to return a punch to Rentas in the face causing him to fall backward. Rentas, who had been riding a bicycle, allegedly threw the bike at the victim, striking him. The two suspects fled a short time after that. The victim said he chased the suspects down Beacon Hill Avenue, eventually reaching the corner of Hanover and Franklin streets. The victim stopped at a pay phone to call police and saw the suspects take a right turn onto Chase Street.

As numerous police units responded, two officers saw Rentas riding his bicycle on Baker Street and ordered him to stop but he didn't. The officers followed Rentas in their police car and eventually blocked him in, which led Rentas to run through a backyard on Lyman Street and throw an object, which was later determined to be a BB gun, underneath a parked car.

Rentas allegedly blamed the robbery on the juvenile when police placed him under arrest. He was additionally charged with giving a false name to police, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

A few minutes later police went to the juvenile's home and took him into custody.
The victim positively identified Rentas as one of the suspects but could not identify the juvenile because he said the person who robbed him had a hooded sweatshirt tied around his face. However, police believe they had enough evidence to arrest the juvenile anyway.

Rentas was arraigned Tuesday in Lynn District Court where Judge Ellen Flatley ordered him held on $5,000 cash bail. He is scheduled to return to court April 9.

I'd like to see a picture of these "teens" and "the victim"... i you are brave enough to fight a man....

i woulda..... [wink]

I listened to this go down on the Police scanner, pretty entertaining. The area where this happened accounts for about 90% of all the police calls in the city, and probably 95% of all the shootings you hear about, it's called High Rock. The thing with using the BB gun is fairly common for the "young misunderstood yutes". They are going to run into the wrong person pretty soon and regret it.

Do I have this right? The dude that got pistol whipped chased these punks after being pistol whipped?

That's a case of either a lotta balls or a little brains.

Yea, that's what he said. It's strange, but again, it happens a lot in that neighborhood. There was another one a couple of months ago a guy got jumped coming out of a convenience store, then chased the BG back to his house! Called the cops and they came and picked him up. I think it's a lot of gang related, they run after them because they know they'll have people coming too. That's why all the shootings over there. A lot of gunfire, not a lot of hitting anything though.

Do I have this right? The dude that got pistol whipped chased these punks after being pistol whipped?

That's a case of either a lotta balls or a little brains.

cosidering he was unarmed, he may have realized he was hit with airsoft.

Nice to see the neighborhood has improved so much since I moved.

Lived on Lawton Ave when I was very young, then moved to Peabody. Moved back to the Highlands when I got married.

Moved out about 25 years ago and haven't looked back since. sounds like it was a good move :)

Back
Top Bottom