Lyme Map - Massachusetts Towns by incidence

I wonder why the age group curve looks like it does. I'd think it would be completely the opposite: young children checked by their parents and old people afraid of everything, leaving the invincible 20-somethings to get most affected.

I wonder why the age group curve looks like it does. I'd think it would be completely the opposite: young children checked by their parents and old people afraid of everything, leaving the invincible 20-somethings to get most affected.

People of that age may be less 'aware', and less sensitive to what's happening on their skin. The incidence goes down after that because, well, the population dies off as they get older.

Don't forget anaplasmosis. My 10 month old GSD had a progressively worse limp in a front leg. Wasn't too concerning when I scheduled the vet appt, but within a couple days it was bad. People catch this too.

I wonder how they come up with those town by town numbers.
I got out of the hospital yesterday. No one asked me where I was hiking last week. I offered the info but in general terms, the Berkshires.
Which town takes the hit for my dose? Concord Ma caus that's where the hospital is? My home town? Not one of the towns that abuts Beartownstate forest, cause I never got to mention that.
Did detailed tick checks after thhe hikes, ovbously not good enough though.
Lyme sucks

I got out of the hospital yesterday. No one asked me where I was hiking last week. I offered the info but in general terms, the Berkshires.
Which town takes the hit for my dose? Concord Ma caus that's where the hospital is? My home town? Not one of the towns that abuts Beartownstate forest, cause I never got to mention that.
Lyme sucks

Looking at local data near me, seems to be city/town of residence. Sure, Worcester has the population- but I think the exposure within Worcester would be lower. My guess is folks are exposed out of town.

Lyme sucks

You were in Beartown? I'm paranoid as hell about ticks. A friend of mine had to be treated for Lyme twice, once in the dead of winter. I hope the antibiotics take care of it for you.

You were in Beartown? I'm paranoid as hell about ticks. A friend of mine had to be treated for Lyme twice, once in the dead of winter. I hope the antibiotics take care of it for you.

Thanks,
Stayed in S. Lee at the Oak and Spruce resort. Picked up he Appalatian trail near the Beartown main entrance. Also went up Monument mountain, Laura's Tower in Stockbridge. I cut over from Laura's Tower back to S. Lee on a trail that became overgrown in spots. I assume that was my peak exposure. Still, can't be shre where I pick this one up.
feelin better, it's been four days on the antibiotic.

Should put those out at Block and Prudence Island, so many f-ing deer out there. They swim too, almost hit one with a boat 3 weekends ago going into New Harbor at 6 in the morning.

More about tick born diseases here.
http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2015/07/not-just-lyme-disease-anymore-anaplasmosis-babesiosis?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150712

7 different diseases carried by ticks in Mass.

Lone Star Tick now found on Martha's Vineyard.

I think we need to institute a Flamethrower eradication plan.

Or guinea hens, they eat ticks like crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, great story to tell, went out fishing - came back with deer.

At the time, I wondered if the same thing applies as hitting one with a vehicle.

I'm in northern Worcester county. Last year ticks were crazy, dog and everybody in house had them all season crawling around. This year, close to nothing. We all check everyday including the dog.

I have found more ticks on me so far this year than in any years past. Rodents like chipmunks, mice & squirrels carry tons of ticks too.

Back
Top Bottom