• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Grizzly Gear by Camerons

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone ever tried this product? Appears to be the same basic emergency food as Mainstay. 1587496287341.png

1587496287341.png

Every time I see a product like this I think "MMmmm! Can't wait to gnaw on a hunk of calorie."
I know it's better than starving to death. I haven't tried this brand but the ones like it were edible. Eating becomes a chore. Like folding laundry or brushing teeth.

Decided to break this open and try it out. Had a very faint odor, nothin bad, just a little out of place, maybe from being so old. In another thread on these types of emergency rations food, it was suggested that these go better with a cup of coffee.

Very slight odor, taste a little different than Mainstay although about 75-80% of the ingredients were the same. After a partial bar I broke out another piece of the Mainstay bar for a comparison. No odor, good taste, just enough difference that, if given a choice, I would go with the Mainstay.

In the picture the yellowish one is the Grizzly Gear and the lighter-colored one is Mainstay. The coffee is Starbucks from a Keurig. Bon appetit.

IMG_0891.JPG

Back
Top Bottom