Lunenburg Gun Show -- 03/22/08

lunenburg.jpg

I just put the date into my PDA.
It's been one thing after another keeping me out of the shows this year.

I tell ya, its like a conspiracy or something...

It's been one thing after another keeping me out of the shows this year.

I tell ya, its like a conspiracy or something...

Same here. Between sick kids, deaths in the family, and my crazy on-call schedule, I've missed them all. Hopefully this one works out.

ditto...

Happy Anniversary BTW!! [party]

Thanks. I managed to duck out while MrsTwigg was at the supermarket and grab her some flowers.

She thinks I've forgotten, but when she wakes up she'll find her favorites sittin in a nice vase on the dining room table. [smile]

Girlfriends away all day tomorrow. Gonna take a road trip. My first show!! hope to find some deals on 7.62x39. Will be wearing NFL logo hat, stop me and say hello

Well, I'll be wearing one of my ballcaps with a Masonic symbol on it... along with a red, white and blue Mickey Mouse silhouette.

And if I can find it, my NES name badge. [wink]

Hmmmmm

I might actualy make this one !

I have one errand to run in the AM and then I'm free untill 11:00ish when I'm off for a FTF to gets me my new mouse gun. [smile]

I might actualy make this one !

I have one errand to run in the AM and then I'm free untill 11:00ish when I'm off for a FTF to gets me my new mouse gun. [smile]

I'll find a way to miss it... I think I'll have the choice of this or going shooting for the first time in 3 weeks...

So I made the pilgrimage to Lunenburg this morning. Got there around 9:30. Pretty small place. I went there with the thought I was going to find great deals on ammo, etc. To make a long story short, The 500 pack of 7.62x39 was around $120. I wasnt going to pay that. I did notice a beautiful Russian SKS for sale. Anyway, I left with an SKS bipod and some stripper clips. I hope other shows are better

Got there around 12:45 (late night last night). Picked up an M16 sight tool for use with the Tech-Sights on my Liberty Training Rifle, a dummy 30-06 round for "ball & dummy" drills, another 10-22 for $160 (not great, but not bad - decent shape) and a nice tie-tack made out of the bottom of a .45 casing with a piece of smoky quartz set in the primer pocket.

The young lady who made this also makes other nice jewelry out of casings - including some necklaces that look like flowers. Her website isn't up yet (so don't click on it as there's only a placeholder), but she's local out of Chelmsford. I can PM contact info to any who are interested. I'm going to ask my wife for a set of cufflinks and shirtstuds from this talented young jeweler. Made out of .45 casings, natch!

Fooey

Not only did I not get to go to the gun show I didn't get to go shooting today either. [frown]

I tell ya it's like the some kinda cosmic force is aligned against me. [angry]

On the bright side I'll be posting lil' somethin' in the recent acquisitions thread shortly... [smile]

I got there around 9:30am and that place was PACKED. At first I wasn't all that impressed. Mostly the same old crap being sold by the same guys you see at most gun shows. I was almost done going through all the isle and the only thing I had spent was $4 on two plastic 357 mag plastic reloading containers.

The second to the last table there was this guy selling some old reproduction flintlock and percussion rifles. Before long I'm having a long conversation with the guy about shooting black powder rifles. A short time later I'm buying a nice Traditions reproduction 50 cal Shenandoah Flintlock. 33 1/2" bbl with 1-66 rifling. It had a double trigger and the lock and wood were in great shape. $150 and I was out the door. I think I got a good deal, which I guess is the best part. Now I just need to get some .490 balls, .050 lubed patches and some FFFG black powder.

Was that the table in the middle aisle? If so, that was Richie Callaghan from Callaghan's in Marlboro.

Actually no. It was the table all the way in the back against the left wall. Older gentlemen with his wife. Last table in the aisle before you reached the two tables against the back wall. Nice guy.

Matt you the guy I met a winchendon range shooting an AK with a red dot? Last year sometime.

We may have met there, but if I was shooting an AK with reddot then it was probably MrTwigg's, since I don't own one.

There's enough of us out here in the sticks, we need a small local shoot I think!

I did have my storm with me that day nice to put a face to a screen name. Nex t time my wife is out of college for vacation I would be up for any week day. Or on the weekend anytime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom