• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lumenshooter light for coyotes

A pack of coyotes has been getting pretty close to the cabin so I decided to thin the pack a bit. Has anyone ever tried using a red light for hunting coyotes? Supposedly it allows you to see their eyes but they can't see the red light.
I borrowed it from my daughters boyfriend but if it's any good I'll get one for myself.
IMG_20220402_085145683.jpg

I'd try it. Worst case you'll scare away the coyotes for a while. I do think they will see the light and scoot, however. The other issue is that if you illuminate their eyes from afar, you might not be able to identify exactly what you would be shooting. Will be interesting to see if anyone has had success with that light.

What distance do you plan on shooting with that setup? I'd be surprised if you were able to accurately identify your targets, that would be my main concern.

Pan the light into the targeted area, don't just switch it on. They can see the light but they're less likely to spook if the light is introduced into the area gradually.

5bb259e4210000e700c775f0-gif.598245

6b5gdv.jpg

Winter of '20-'21 there was a blood bath about 30 yards from my cabin. This winter I've seen tracks coming right up to my back door.
img_20201222_121034942-jpg.598271
If that scene doesn't rate a Get Well Soon balloon,
I don't know what does.

Last edited:
I keep reading this thread title as "Lemonshooter"... [banana]

A pack of coyotes has been getting pretty close to the cabin so I decided to thin the pack a bit. Has anyone ever tried using a red light for hunting coyotes? Supposedly it allows you to see their eyes but they can't see the red light.
I borrowed it from my daughters boyfriend but if it's any good I'll get one for myself.
View attachment 598215
My friends dad owns a farm
He bought one of them ATN thermal scopes a few years ago one for the 25 cal pellet rifle and one for the lever action for bigger Varmint.
Absolutely loves it.
Uses the 25 cal on rats/possum/coons and all the other chicken and egg destroyers:
The lever gun is for the coyotes.
Says If I hear the Lama and Donkeys start crying out I know to grab the lever gun

View attachment 598215
Thermal is a game changer. Never behind the gun but got pov videos of the hunt. It’s incredible

Back
Top Bottom