LTR with a bi-pod

Reptile

NES Member
I have not had much luck with my other optic and my I have Rx glasses.

Also, the last 5 or 6 Appleseeds, I have not been able to make rifleman.

I have seen one person use a bi-pod before but I consider his AQT void.

I may have to cheat and use the bi-pod, myself.

I know that would not count as becoming a rifleman - but it would make it fun again.

My skills are too shakey in prone so I have to cheat now.

Keep in mind, I KNOW this is cheating and will not accept the patch for cheating.

I just want to have fun and not shooting well prone takes all the fun out of it.

I want to have FUN shooting and not be so bummed out at not being able to hit the smallest targets.

What are your thoughts at this idea?

Shooting is supposed to be fun right? I say do what ever you want, and have fun doing it.

I agree, thanks.

A rifleman has to adapt and overcome.

This is my way of adapting and overcoming.

I have never found any of the instructors to be unaccommodating, but I do not want to irk anybody.

However, when I see blatant cheating (bi-pods) I do not think rifleman AQT scores should count toward the patch.

I have seen people in wheel chairs shoot and they can't shoot prone either.

They can still have a heck of a great time when they do what they are able to.

Can you explain in more detail what your issues are when shooting prone?

This. And, red dot scopes have "infinite" eye relief vs. other optics. I require reading glasses to see objects up close. However, even the Millett 1x-4x DMS red dot on my AR allows me to see the dot clearly at 4x magnification.

Have you tried a red dot?

This. And, red dot scopes have "infinite" eye relief vs. other optics. I require reading glasses to see objects up close. However, even the Millett 1x-4x DMS red dot on my AR allows me to see the dot clearly at 4x magnification.

Have you tried a red dot?

Remember that with a red dot you focus on the target, not on the reticle. With an illuminated scope like the Millett I think you would still want the reticle in focus, however.

Can you explain in more detail what your issues are when shooting prone?

I seem to have problem getting my elbow under the rifle.

It is a bit painful and I end up not being stable enough to get a good shot off.

I also am left eye dominant which complicates matters and ads a strain on my position.

Last edited:
I seem to have problem getting my elbow under the rifle.

It is a bit painful and I end up not being stable enough to get a good shot off.

I could see that being a problem, you'd end up using muscles which isn't very repeatable and will also fatigue quicker.

Remember that with a red dot you focus on the target, not on the reticle. With an illuminated scope like the Millett I think you would still want the reticle in focus, however.

Even without the illumination on, the "black" dot is in focus. Eye relief is the issue with the dot/scope, not the reticle. I don't understand it, but it is in focus all the time as long as you have the proper eye relief.

It should be fuzzy as hell if I was looking at it less then 18" away like a book.

Back
Top Bottom