LTC with form 1?

Sorry if this has been asked. My search terms were yielding unrelated threads.

I'm submitting my first Form 1 under a trust. I was told that I have to include a copy of my LTC. Since I have a co-trustee, does e have to include a copy of his LTC as well?

i submtted a copy of mine as i filed my form 1 when i still lived in MA. i did not submit a copy of the co-trustee's LTC. everything went fine.

Oh crap, don't tell me i'm gonna get denied, i didn't submit a copy of mine???

not sure to be honest. a requirement in MA is to have a LTC for firearms, including that removes the question of whether you are legally eligible to possess the thing.

i wouldn't stress about it, but having it kicked back or having them request a copy of the LTC is a possibility. i would call NFA branch and ask. make sure you have your serial of the item ready, too.

not sure to be honest. a requirement in MA is to have a LTC for firearms, including that removes the question of whether you are legally eligible to possess the thing.

i wouldn't stress about it, but having it kicked back or having them request a copy of the LTC is a possibility. i would call NFA branch and ask. make sure you have your serial of the item ready, too.

Just got off the phone with ATF, she said no requirement for an LTC, I hope she's right???

Just got off the phone with ATF, she said no requirement for an LTC, I hope she's right???

I can't find the thread right now, but someone posted a while back that they submitted a Form 1 without their LTC, and they got a call from the examiner at the ATF just asking that they e-mail or fax a copy over, and shortly afterwards it got approved. However other people have reported that they did not include their LTC and got approved anyways, so it seems to be applied inconsistently at best.

In my case I did a Form 1 on a trust with one co-trustee. I only included a copy of my LTC, and it got approved.

sort of seems like it's a "it depends". you didn't get what they said in writing, and even that is subject to change. however mailing in a copy of your LTC or faxing it over is always an option.

i wouldn't worry about it, honestly. when i was told things verbally by NFA branch they ended up being spot-on. YMMV, but that's my experience.

I'm submitting my first form 1 tomorrow. With all the conflicting information online, I hope I'm filling it out correctly. I kind of waited to the last minute to get my trust. No way I'm getting a Cleo sign off in the future.

there are examples of filled out form 1s online, or you can PM any one of us if you have questions or don't want to post your info publicly.

I think I have everything filled out correctly. My trust has an assignment page to be included with my application. There is a spot for my signature and two witnesses. Is this just their signatures or names? Does this need to be notarized?

I think I have everything filled out correctly. My trust has an assignment page to be included with my application. There is a spot for my signature and two witnesses. Is this just their signatures or names? Does this need to be notarized?
I asked the lawyer who prepared my trust the same questions. You just need 2 signatures. It does not need to be notarized.

Came here to ask a similar question. I intended on sending a copy of my LTC with my application, but it is set to expire in Feb. I'm worried that the copy I send will reflect that my license "expired" before my paperwork goes through. Obviously I intend to renew my LTC.

Any advice on what to do here? Send it in as a show of good faith, and then deal with problems as they come, or send nothing and hope it works out?

Last edited:
Came here to ask a similar question. I intended on sending a copy of my LTC with my application, but it is set to expire in Feb. I'm worried that the copy I send will reflect that my license "expired" before my paperwork goes through. Obviously I intend to renew my LTC.

Any advice on what to do here? Send it in as a show of good faith, and then deal with problems as they come, or send nothing and hope it works out?
If you E-file then I think you will be safe.
E-files are runnining about 5 weeks to be approved right now.

Just an FYI, if you plan to e-file and have a MAC then use Google or another browser...Safari has issues with thier system and doesn't work well.

Last edited:
If you E-file then I think you will be safe.
E-files are runnining about 5 weeks to be approved right now.

Just an FYI, if you plan to e-file and have a MAC then use Google or another browser...Safari has issues with thier system and doesn't work well.

Oh wow, I didn't know efile was that fast, I thought it was still months rather than weeks. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom