LTC UPDATE - 75 days!

"Progress" Report

So, at 1:36 this afternoon, I called the Boston Police Department licensing office to check on the status of my Licensse to Carry (read: Own) a Firearm application, which I submitted to them on April 27th - 75 days ago.

Me: Hi, I'm calling to check on the status of firearms license I applied for a while back.
Them: And when did you apply?
Me: April 27th.
Them: And your name?
Me.: Bruce [last name], that's [spells last name].
Them: OK, can you hold on a minute, sir?
Me: Sure.
Them: OK, thanks.

(on hold for five minutes)

Them: We're still searching, sir, OK?
Me: OK.
Them: Thanks.

(on hold for two more minutes)

Them: Sir, was that for a License to Carry or an FID card?
Me: License to carry.
Them: OK. Do you wanna call us back in half and hour?
Me: OK, sure.
Them: Thank you.

(fast forward to 2:15 PM)

Me: Hi, this is Bruce [last name]. I called a while ago to check on the status of my License to Carry application.
Them: Yeah, we're still looking, Bruce. Why don't you give me your...uh...why don't you give me your phone number and we'll call you if we find anything on that.
Me: OK, it's 617-[phone number].
Them: OK, thanks. We'll call you if we find anything. Sorry about that.
Me: OK, thanks.

If the phone doesn't ring, I'll know it's "them". :x

On the bright side of things, I DID get my picture taken with the Red Sox world series trophy this morning. :D

They actually called back.

2:30 - They called back, asking which officer interviewed me when I applied. I didn't have their names, but she knew who I was talking about based on my descriptions. We'll see what happens next.

Re: They actually called back.

mAss Backwards said:
2:30 - They called back, asking which officer interviewed me when I applied. I didn't have their names, but she knew who I was talking about based on my descriptions. We'll see what happens next.

I'd give them one day to get back to you. If they don't, contact your state Rep and Sen. offices and bitch very loudly. There's no excuse for that.

Have I mentioned of late I reeeealllly HATE this state?

Re: They actually called back.

Lynne said:
I'd give them one day to get back to you. If they don't, contact your state Rep and Sen. offices and bitch very loudly. There's no excuse for that.

Yes, I'm sure "Representative" Liz Malia and Senator Marian Walsh, bleeding hearts to the core, would be reeeeeal sympathetic to my needs.

I can just hear the cackles now.

I'm not at liberty to give my opinion on the city of Boston goverment offices, they are a client of mine. [evil]

The issuing authority is obliged by statute to do so within a certain amount of time. That and $2:00 will get you a cup of coffee on Nantucket...

dvl, you're apparently operating under the false assumption that the laws also apply to those who make and enforce them. But, yes, we are well past the alleged 40-day window in my case.

The mayor and his goons better hope nothing happens to me between now and the day I get my LTC, causing harm or other losses that would have been prevented had I been allowed to effectively defend myself or my family.

I (or my surviving family members) would see to it that the Snelgrove settlement would be a mere down payment by comparison.

Sadly neither you or your heirs would win. There is NO obligation on their part to ALLOW YOU to defend yourself!

They could care less what happens to any of us. They only care when it is a power politician or political campaign contributor (and they are TOLD to care).

Back
Top Bottom