LTC CLASS A IN 29 DAYS

WMD

I got the call and picked up my Class A LTC yesterday. It was much quicker than I thought it was going to take and I didn't have to call the PD once. I didn't want to ask the Det. over the phone whether it had any restrictions on it. Thankfully, the LTC has no restrictions and I can carry. I guess I shouldn't have been too worried since I live in a green town, but after reading other people's posts on this forum I was nervous. Now all I need to do is join GOAL, a gun club, buy a gun, ammo, holster, a safe, eye/ear protection, and get some more training. That plus a larger checking acct balance...I can tell this is going to be an expensive hobby.

"I can tell this is going to be an expensive hobby."

I'll tell you what I tell my wife:

Think of it as an investment! [wink]

It was in Arlington. I have to say that the det. in charge of LTC was extremely professional and helpful during the process.

Nickle said:
Not for me it isn't. I've never played Golf, but clubs and fees have to be cheaper than the firearms I have, and the ammo I shoot.

Nickle,

Not so sure about that. My BIL (who is a sports fanatic) told me that it costs him $250/round of golf! And he claims to play 2-3 times/week! [I hate golf, so I have no way to judge if this is true or not. I do know that he likes to hob-nob with the rich and those that like to pretend to be rich.]

That's some heavy bread.

I'd much rather spend it on guns and ammo.

No guns aren't expensive. People insist on looking at them as if they were like televisions or shoes, with relatively short useful lives and little if any resale value. Look at it this way. You buy or build a top-end custom 1911, sinking maybe $2500 into it. Now we all know that, whether or not you're going to be around to enjoy it, that gun has a useful life of at least 100 years. Now it's been a few years since I got that BS in math, but I think that comes to roughly $2 per month. At any time you could turn around and sell it (if your religion allows that sort of thing) for close to what you originally paid for it. In my book, except for the time and ammunition you consume, shooting is essentially free. My wife doesn't always agree, but what she doesn't know won't hurt me. [wink]

Ken

Greens Fees are MUCH cheaper up here. Of course, Gun Club membership is also.

Ken, I think you may not realize what I've got invested in guns. I've got some cheap ones ($25 investment) as well as some about $1000. And I pay wholesale, and do my own gunsmithing.

That being said, I'd rather defend myself with a firearm than a Golf Club. 8)

Roger, mine tend to have cost me from $100 to around $2500, except for a few gifts/bequests. I'm nut sure how many (I'd need to do an inventory), but it runs somewhere into mid double digits. I too prefer guns for defensive and offensive uses. About the only time I play golf is when the drinking starts well before the 19th hole, something I avoid strongly when guns are involved. [wink]

Ken

LenS said:
Nickle said:
Not for me it isn't. I've never played Golf, but clubs and fees have to be cheaper than the firearms I have, and the ammo I shoot.

Nickle,

Not so sure about that. My BIL (who is a sports fanatic) told me that it costs him $250/round of golf! And he claims to play 2-3 times/week! [I hate golf, so I have no way to judge if this is true or not. I do know that he likes to hob-nob with the rich and those that like to pretend to be rich.]

That's some heavy bread.

I'd much rather spend it on guns and ammo.

As I play golf, just not as much as I used to...Green Fee's can range from club to club. You can pay only 25 dollars for 18 without a cart for a REALLY cheap round of golf. You can pay like Len said in the hundreds to play TPC courses like Torry Pines. The avarage price for a nice course is going to be around 75 dollars or so. And if you belong to a private golf club...you're going to pay several grand a year for dues, plus they usually have a min amount you have to pay on food a month, and you still pay the 60-90 green fees.

I think that Golf can be a lot more than guns if you play several times a week.

Back
Top Bottom