LTC-A clairification...

I found this on my local towns PD web page and found it a bit confusing...

"35. WHAT IF I CARRY A WEAPON THAT IS OUTSIDE OF THE RESTRICTIONS PLACED UPON ME BY THE LICENSING AUTHORITY? CAN I BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF A FIREARM?

Pursuant to c. 140§131, the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation. That when you carry outside of a restriction, it is not criminal. "

Now this would lead me to believe that I could carry any time even though I have a resticted target/hunting and it is not criminal... I find that hard to believe.

Mod Hat On!

Moved to Gun Laws forum.

Mod Hat Off!

-------------------------------

Please do some Advanced Search on the topic in Gun Laws forum. You can look for posts by me and you'll find a wealth of info. This topic hasn't been discussed since yesterday there!

Short answer: Not criminal, yet likely to result in "administrative punishment" of loss of LTC, permanently.

The chief in my town told me years ago, rightly or wrongly, that such an infraction is "administrative," rather than criminal.
It may well provide grounds for license revocation.
JT

ok... that makes sence i guess...

I figured that at the very least, they would pull your license.

Just seems to me to be a bit confusing they way they put it almost as if they want it to be vauge and confusing [rolleyes]

ok... that makes sence i guess...

I figured that at the very least, they would pull your license.

Just seems to me to be a bit confusing they way they put it almost as if they want it to be vauge and confusing [rolleyes]

Most MGLs are "vague and confusing" . . . I think it's a requirement to get it passed into law here! [rolleyes]

Some chiefs like to play "gotcha", showing off their power. So my advice is "don't feed the trolls" and walk the straight and narrow. All the cards are in their hand and you really don't stand a chance of winning against them unless you have mega-bucks behind you.

I believe there is case law that would make it criminal.

Whoa there! I'm no lawyer, but you can't bring up case law without citing a case. What you have there my NES friend is pure speculation.

This has been discussed at great length here at NES and I've never read about a case with a conviction in Mass. for carrying with a restricted license. If there is, I'd very much like to know about it.

In short: don't do it.

read: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6343

Whoa there! I'm no lawyer, but you can't bring up case law without citing a case. What you have there my NES friend is pure speculation.

This has been discussed at great length here at NES and I've never read about a case with a conviction in Mass. for carrying with a restricted license. If there is, I'd very much like to know about it.

In short: don't do it.

read: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6343

I'll look for the reference, but your link clearly shows that it is a criminal act. The case law was relevant before the newer restrictions were codified, but are no longer. Would any of the attorneys on the forum care to comment?

Back
Top Bottom