Low Recoil Shotgun

Ten in a row ! The best one was where he throws serveral clays up and walks over real casual like to the shotgun, picks it up and dusts each clay.

Nashmack said:
A shotgun without recoil is like a a hotdog roll without the hotdog. Still good, but lacking in satisfaction[thinking]

I disagree, Try shooting a couple of hundred rounds on the clays course and not start losing a target here and there because of felt recoil. Just a bit of a flinch or picking your cheek off the stock and your day can be done. My 2 cents.

It was a lame attempt at humor.

By the way, my last shotgun was a Remington 870 riot gun with a plastic buttplate. I didn't need any recoil reduction until i dislocated my shoulder. Keep in mind that I fire rifled slugs primarily.

When I saw that video I had to get that shotgun.. couple phone calls and few weeks later it was mine. And boy it did not disappoint. Highly Recommended.

Thanks to Northeast Trading and the great price they gave me!! Also Highly Recommended.

A391 XTREMA2 KO SYNTHETIC J391D26 12 26/28” OBF ($1,498 MSRP)

Was the unit I got. I had priced out through 3 different shops and called about 10... some of which did not have in stock and actually could not guarantee getting one shortly. I guess with Beretta there is some sort of dealer qouta that has to be made for an order (or atleast thats what I was told).

My cost if I remember was around 950 with some extra goodies it came out to around 1150 .

Nice. I read and heard that the Benelli (is that the one?) is also real good. You know, the one with that long thing in the stock instead of a gas tube and all the other "dirty" parts?

I wonder how these two compare.

P.S. I have also had shoulder surgery, so this interests me for obvious reasons.

No. The Beretta is gas operated, Benelli is "inertia driven". I haven't tried the Extrema, but I have a 391. I haven't tried the new Benelli M2 with the ComforTech stock, but I've tried an M1. Based on that, I would say the Beretta is softer, but I wouldn't call the Benelli harsh or anything, just different. The Benelli cycles super fast, the Extrema looks like it does too.

Not from experience but from others telling me .... the Beretta is alot easier to breakdown and clean compared to the Benelli.

I could defnitely meet some peeps down at the range to kill some clay but it would not be for a couple weeks due to obligations upcoming.

Great... I have obligations this weekend.. then off to Minn. for a week for work.. but after I get back ill post a couple days available and see who wants to join in for some fun.

The Benelli's shot just as soft as the Beretta,i know from experince,the benelli came out with their low recoil intera driven gun long before beretta did.as for break down i find it to simple to break down my benellis,take off the forearm,remove barrel,pull out bolt group,i and if need be push out the pin to take out the trigger group.no gas rings to screw with or loose springs to lose.i won two benellis and love them.i wont ever buy another gas oporated shotgun again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Stoeger markets a shotgun using the same operating system. They seem to retail for about $500.00 or so. It might not be as good looking as the Beretta, but it's a third of the cost !
Anybody know how the quality is on a Stoeger ?

Back from Minn. and have some time off this upcoming week.

Thinking of hitting the range either Monday or Tuesday mid-morning/early afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom