Low Ready

Working my way through some drills with an iron sighted gun, and my "Low Ready" seems to suck big time.
When you hear "Low Ready" are you thinking at 45 degrees,centered up in front of you or just below the target you intend to start on, or maybe pointed down, just in front of your
toes?

When you are "Low Ready" at 7 yards waiting for the beep , wheres your focus, on the front sight, or the intended POI on the target?

Whats your split to the first shot from "Low Ready", best or average?

What are the drills meant to improve? If this is for competitions like Steel Challenge then low ready means muzzle pointed at a market spot roughly 12' directly in front of you. If it's for a pin/plate match then it's usually muzzle touching a table or pointed at the ground 6' or so in front of you. Finger off the trigger in all cases of course

I would think that my first shot should be significantly quicker from low ready than from the holster. Although I do a fair amount of dry draws, I dont think I've ever done dry low readys. I also find that while I'm looking for the sight with my arms just starting to extend from my chest on the draw, my low ready comes up in much more of a straight arm arc, and I dont start looking for the sight until the gun comes to stop somewhere around eye level.
I think at this point I am going to try bring my low ready up more vertically, and then push it on out, following sort of the same track the gun makes on the draw and see what happens.
Still kinda wondering what guys who shoot alot from low ready are getting for first shot splits though......

Your low ready draw should probably be about 75% of your holster draw. If I'm at 1.1 for a draw to 7 yards my low ready is usually closer to .8.

i apologize in advance. when i get out of the shower at the hard ready, my wife makes fun of my mouse gun....

then i give her the D. netflix and chill hoe. roll over.

to be fair, i hate her LC9 as well. i'm gonna mushroom stamp her in her sleep. lawyer recommendations are welcome. rofl.

i'm just gonna let the dog out soon and eat a donut. i'm just an average guy...

i apologize in advance. when i get out of the shower at the hard ready, my wife makes fun of my mouse gun....

to be fair, i hate her LC9 as well. i'm gonna mushroom stamp her in her sleep. lawyer recommendations are welcome. rofl.

buse.jpg

Now taking odds on how long this account lasts.

Working my way through some drills with an iron sighted gun, and my "Low Ready" seems to suck big time.
When you hear "Low Ready" are you thinking at 45 degrees,centered up in front of you or just below the target you intend to start on, or maybe pointed down, just in front of your
toes?

When you are "Low Ready" at 7 yards waiting for the beep , wheres your focus, on the front sight, or the intended POI on the target?

Whats your split to the first shot from "Low Ready", best or average?

I do weekly indoor steel plate matches from the low ready but don't know what my time is for low ready. It's not bad and not great either. I'd have to imagine it's 1-1.5 seconds?? I need to bring my shot timer more often to the range...

Low ready at the matches I attend are starting with the gun/muzzle resting on the end of the table/counter. It's probably somewhere around 45 degrees I'd guess.

I always practice a few times raising the gun and aligning the sights before the buzzer. I also ALWAYS focus on the steel plate NOT the gun/sights. It's slower to look at the gun then raise the gun and look at the steel plate/align the sights. Less work and less things to go wrong in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom