lots of LTC threads today

so i figured id ask to see if anyone knew

ive had my ltc class A targetand hunting for over a year now

i live in waltham

think i could upgrade it to no restrictions,

i turn 23 in april

whatcha think dudes?

I don't think that the Waltham PD will "let" you upgrade until your current LTC expires. . . That said, it never hurts to check

*ding* from what Becka posted about her experience in Waltham, they will upgrade at renewal time....

*ding* from what Becka posted about her experience in Waltham, they will upgrade at renewal time....

Right-o. I was told that when I renew I can get it unrestricted. I'm "lucky" in that mine expires only 5 years after I got it, not 6 because I got it 2 months before my birthay and they go by 6 birthdays, not 6 years...

Right-o. I was told that when I renew I can get it unrestricted. I'm "lucky" in that mine expires only 5 years after I got it, not 6 because I got it 2 months before my birthay and they go by 6 birthdays, not 6 years...

conversely I was robbed of a year with an ALP permit because of when I applied, lol. I moved to a green town, but who knows how long any of that lasts.....

I'm not even sure Waltham will upgrade at renewal time. They have a new CLO as of about 6 monthsa ago, but I'd been told by one of the LEOs that the old chief would not issue ALPs unless it was a renewal of an already in place ALP.

Do yourself a favor. Go down and talk with officer Gormley he is not a bad guy. 9 out of 10 times he will upgrade to alp. Just make sure you go down and see him don't call.

Jay

I'm not even sure Waltham will upgrade at renewal time. They have a new CLO as of about 6 monthsa ago, but I'd been told by one of the LEOs that the old chief would not issue ALPs unless it was a renewal of an already in place ALP.

right, but Becka got her permit about a month ago, and was told she could get ALP on renewal. Hopefully they didnt lie to her.

I know I have read her posts. But I know quiet a few people that have upgraded in Waltham after a year or so. Their line about upgrade on renewal is also what they will tell you if you call and ask thats why I mentioned going down instead of calling.

Jay

I think if you have a good reason to upgrade they will entertain the idea. My advice would be to get some extra training and sit with Cross-x to draft a lettler stating why you need to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom