Lots more livestock, dogs, than elk, moose bear.

walkit

Banned
Lots more small critters than deer. A 22 lr can take livestock, dogs, etc, with ease. With care, it can drop deer or men at 50 yds, with headshots, too. Therefore, there is very little reason to bother with a .30 cal shtf rifle, and lots of reasons (.22 conversion unit, GI ammo, parts, mags, appearance) to go with a 223 AR-15 for such a gun. Indeed, the 223, to the head, inside 100 yds, will drop the great bears, etc, too. It's much easier to get inside 100 yds, brace the rifle and make such a shot than it is to get within 20yds and use a "field made" bow and arrow (with lashed on stone arrowheads, that make the arrow fly crookedly) Yet "everyone" on this forum can do the bow thing, right? Just ask them. :) So why is it that "nobody" can do the 223/brain shot thing, hmm? If you "think" that the 900 or so ft lbs of high velocity softpoint 223 bullet won't pierce the skull and literally PULP the brain, you are badly mistaken.

Last edited:
f'n Melvin. Mods please ban him. find his IP address and get him off this site or he is going to troll all over it with 5 or 10 different usernames.

So I left out a comma, and the edit system won't let me fix it in a title line. Is that the best you can do? Of all my posts, that's the worst error you can find? :) Either I'm doing great, or you don't know much. Which is it?

Back
Top Bottom