Looking for seasoned Ham to show me the ropes

JKR

Taking the Ham test in Late February and I would greatly appreciate if a local Ham would be willing to show me their set up and run me through the process hands on. I live in Mansfield Ma, Thanks.

I'm hardly a seasoned ham. I got my ticket in June of last year. I just jumped in with both feet. What I've found is if you make a mistake the seasoned Hams will politely correct you. They will also offer any help they can. They are a wonderful group of folks. They really are friendly. They are kinda like the folks here, [grin]

lets do a makeshift field day in your backyard :)

What are you trying to figure out? There's a lot to see and learn but its also easy to get started.

different_pork_cuts_seasoned_ham_cutting_board_1345591534.jpg

found a seasoned ham for ya :)

was something like... 12 when i got my ticket....
phew..... almost 26 years ago..... yikes.....

I am trying to figure out what I need for equipment for an affordable setup, that will let me get the most out of the technicians license. Mostly just want to see someone's rig and learn from someone else's trial and errors. thanks for the replies everyone. Any recommendations for a great affordable start up rig?

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha thanks, just what I was looking for

The local club in my area holds a newbie roundtable net twice a month. I've never called in. I really mean to seeing that I'm a newbie, but I imagine it's a good place to ask dumb questions and benefit from some of the elmers out there. I bet you could learn a lot just listening, too.

There is a forum on Yahoo for the Baofeng uv-5R. Most questions should already be answered as this radio has been around for a while. Also, someone has generated a decent user manual which is located on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom