Looking for Intermediate Pistol Training Courses

I am looking for a 1-3 day Intermediate - Advanced Pistol handling course to take with a friend. We have already taken a two day Combat Focus Shooting class (Defensive handgun), Sig Sauer Acedemy 102 (we are signed up for 103 and 104 but they book months out). We are looking for anything that will allow us to get more proficient with a pistol and dont really care if its a defensive class, intro to USPSA/IDPA etc or just a good all around pistol handling class. We are looking for something from now until December. I went through all of the training forums but there are just so many posts and all around the country... Does anyone know of any good places to find such courses? [email protected]

Forgot to mention this - I am located in North Billerica, MA - Willing to travel in MA/NH up to 2 hours or so. Thanks!

Last edited:
NRA Personal Protection in the Home, followed by NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home are excellent courses. Unlike the defensive handgun courses that I have taken (4), they spend a lot of time discussing how to avoid being a victim, likely physiological, psychological, community and legal issues that follow a self-defense shooting. PPIH includes 3 hrs of range time and PPOH includes 3.5 hrs (day 1) and 5.5 hrs (day 2) on the range. The range drills are very different than bullseye shooting (you aren't trying for 1-hole drills).

I teach both classes and will be teaching PPOH this coming Sunday (and following Saturday), however NRA requires that you take PPIH first and I probably won't schedule another PPIH class this year. As dusk comes very early, getting all the shooting in before dark becomes a big challenge at this time of the year.

Check the pistol competition forum here for any IDPA, IPSC, USPSA events coming up.

Thanks guys! I called the Chester Rod and Gun club and left my details to see if non members could attend and what the cost is. I will wait until next year to see about some PPIH and PPOH. thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom