Looking for a 308/7.62x51 semi auto

speaking of which, why not FAL? Semi auto in what you looking for. The right arm of the Free World. Are you against Free world?

Awesome rifles.
I've got a couple I made using Imbel gear logo upper receivers a while back. Shame they can't import those uppers anymore, they were the best available. Although I hear that the coonan's and even the century's have improved over the years. Moot point I guess since there aren't really any kits available anymore.

i just received a NIB BCG for my DPMS pattern forged upper and lower... I will watch this thread with interest. Been barrel hunting tonight, looking for a 16" mid length...

Go with a DPMS pattern gun. A lot more option for after market parts. You don't want to get locked into any proprietary parts

+1
The DPMS pattern has become the de-facto standard for non-proprietary AR10s. Even if you don't want a DPMS.

I built my most recent AR10 with a Mega Arms upper and lower with a Lilja barrel. But its a dpms pattern gun.

i just received a NIB BCG for my DPMS pattern forged upper and lower... I will watch this thread with interest. Been barrel hunting tonight, looking for a 16" mid length...

I am using a rainier arms 16" midlength. So far I like it, haven't shot it for accuracy, but the lightweight balances the rifle well

I am using a rainier arms 16" midlength. So far I like it, haven't shot it for accuracy, but the lightweight balances the rifle well

Thanks. Glad you mentioned Rainier, I was surfing their site and saw their middys. I am looking to build a general purpose blaster - no 500+ yard precision ambition here.

Thanks. Glad you mentioned Rainier, I was surfing their site and saw their middys. I am looking to build a general purpose blaster - no 500+ yard precision ambition here.

That is exactly what I am looking to do, maybe a 1-4X on top of it and call it good.

That is what mine was built for. I order the select barrel. I have been shooting 125g TNT thru it. With an adjustable gas block, it shoots surprising flat and soft.

That is exactly what I am looking to do, maybe a 1-4X on top of it and call it good.

Burris MTAC 1-4x maybe with a fast fire... thats what im thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what mine was built for. I order the select barrel. I have been shooting 125g TNT thru it. With an adjustable gas block, it shoots surprising flat and soft.

I was going to ask your thoughts between select, match and ultramatch - given what I am trying to do (and what I am capable of as a shooter) I dont think I need to pay for the ultramatch series.

Last edited:
One suggestion on that list.

Whether its a .308 or a .223, never buy the DPMS Sportcal. Its typically only $15 less than a DPMS Oracle and you lose the FA, dust cover and most importantly, the shell deflector. They are both on the list.

Back
Top Bottom