Look what the ATF finally said I could have

Were you the one asking about the street sweeper way back when I first joined?

That was a great little thread! [laugh2]

Congrats!

Now you need to tear some junk up with that puppy!

Yarrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I might have asked about street sweepers in Oct, that when I started the paperwork for the gun. It is going to be hard to shoot it because it is new unfired in the box but I got it for cheap money. But I think that I'm going to have to fire it because it's going to be lots of fun. I can't wait untill October when the pumpkins start to invade again, It will make keeping the population down much easier. For some reason they seem to invaide the range I go to every year, they haven't figured out that it is a bad place to be. O well I will have plenty of time to practice untill then. The only bad thing about the gun is that there are no sites on it, you think that the makers of the gun are tring to tell us something?

kingson said:
...The only bad thing about the gun is that there are no sites on it, you think that the makers of the gun are tring to tell us something?

Yeah, the message is Close Enough Is Good Enough.

And, of course, you'll always have a ton of rapid follow-up shots!

yeah street sweepers are nice, a friend of mine has one at his shop. i think he still has the usas-12 too.

Because the BATFE says 'Street Sweepers" are Destructive Devices.

fire-explo_pub rulings.pdf

26 U.S.C. § 5845(f)(2):
DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE
(Nonsporting shotgun having a
bore of more than one-half inch in
diameter)
The USAS-12 shotgun has a bore
of more than one-half inch in diameter
and is not generally recognized
as particularly suitable for
sporting purposes. Therefore, it is
classified as a destructive device
for purposes of the National Firearms
Act, 26 U.S.C. Chapter 53.

kingson said:
Because it is a 12 shot drum shotgun with no sporting purpuse, so it was deemed evil and regulated as to not strike fear in the streets.

Whatever? No sporting purpose. HA! That fearless sharp toothed deer doesn't have a chance this year [smile] Better get the jerky seasoning out, there is going to be some fresh burger soon [wink]

Great, Weer'd Beard, now I'm going to have nightmares about undead, mutant, commie, bug-eyed deer. Maybe I'll get one for a pet; it probably lives on kittens.

Back
Top Bottom