• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long Distance Rifle Ranges in MA?

Is there just a long waiting list? I dont mind getting on a list and waiting a bit. For the money most clubs charge (anywhere between $150-$300 or so) I dont mind joining up to multiple clubs.

It's not really a waiting list per se, but the sponsorship requirement is taken seriously so if you don't know anyone it will take a while. Basically you have to participate in the events that are open to the public for a while until you get to know people.

It's easy for safe shooters to get into Reading.
I know. I'm a member.

What makes it difficult is how seriously they take sponsorship. It's not like another club I used to be a member at that you just show up on membership night and any random member will sponsor you and you get right in.

It's not really a waiting list per se, but the sponsorship requirement is taken seriously so if you don't know anyone it will take a while. Basically you have to participate in the events that are open to the public for a while until you get to know people.

Gotcha ok I will probably pass. I have a 1 year old daughter and working on my Phd so there is zero chance of me being able to frequent enough to get someone to sponsor me but totally get it. The person you are recommending is on your head (as with WPR where I am now) so understandable just with WPR I know local people in the area just dont know anyone out in Reading area but no worries. Appreciate the info!

Starting to take up long distance shooting. Im currently a member at Worcester Pistol and Rifle which is an absolutely awesome club but the rifle range is limited to 100 yards.

I used to be a member at Woburn Sportsmans Association however not to rag on that range but many of the "elder statesmen" there would look down on young new members to the point where I just stopped going but miss the 200 yard rifle range.

Any others in the area that are 200 yards+? I know Taunton has 200 yards. Any others?
copicut range in westport has a 300 yd

Are you a member? Ive been shooting for 10 years, former LE, ans qualified at another range for 300. Im looking to get in for the 600.
Thanks

Matt
A good way to get in on some 200/300/600 yard shooting is participate in events. Have not been in some time but the 600 yard any rifle any sights matches are a good time at reading. Electronic targets are a plus also.
There are plenty of shooters who can help you along also.

Back
Top Bottom