Local Military Museum in MA

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know of a nice museum to visit.

It has more of a "local flavor" that is of MA based veterans, and covers from the revolutionary war to the present.

If you find yourselves in the New Bedford area please stop by and take a look around. It's a great tribute to veterans, past and present.

http://www.forttaber.org/home.shtml

If any of you have any pictures, items of interest they could put them up for you it's a nice way to be remembered and honored.

Items can be donated or loaned. I am a member of the museum and have firearms displayed there, pm me if you need more information about the process.

Thank you all for your service!
Marc

Here are a few old shots I took inside there:

Ft1.jpg

Ft2.jpg

Ft3.jpg

Ft4.jpg

Ft6.jpg

Ok folks, I pretty much got a green light to have an NES day at the museum.
I usually have Sundays off and the museum is open to the public on that day so I think there will be no conflict in having a group go there on Sun.
There are options of serving coffee and donuts or going to a local restaurant like Davy's Locker after the tour.

I can also have a private tour on any other days the museum is not open to the public, I'm looking for input on the whole thing.

If Ray would like, we could get together and he could have something at his club in the AM as the museum does not have regular hours until 1pm. (or I could open it in the AM)

It's all up in the air, I'm looking for input right now and to gauge interest.

Also, this would be a good opportunity to seek donations for this wonderful place. A yearly membership is only 10 dollars and it would be nice if those going would like to become members.

Sounds like we need a sticky in the member's area for interest in a tour.
I'll head out to Sippican this week and see how many extra guests I could bring along in case we decide to do some shooting before or after. Its really only about 25 minutes N/NE of the museum.

Last edited:
Sounds like we need a sticky in the member's area for interest in a tour.
I'll head out to Sippican this week and see how many extra guests I could bring along in case we decide to do some shooting before or after. Its really only about 25 minutes N/NE of the museum.

I copied Marc's post above yours and made a Sticky in the Member's forum.

Looks like it has alot more cool stuff than the National Guard Armory Museum in Worcester does. I need to take a trip out there sometime.

Back
Top Bottom