• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local Gun Buy Back Programs ???

K98

I'm sure this may have been asked before, but can you attempt to purchase these items from folks who are cleaning out estates? How can you legally purchase a weapon from an estate which may have no paperwork or proof of ownership?

I hate to see antique or C&R items turned in for a $50 Walmart gift card, and then said items destroyed.

I'm sure this may have been asked before, but can you attempt to purchase these items from folks who are cleaning out estates? How can you legally purchase a weapon from an estate which may have no paperwork or proof of ownership?

I hate to see antique or C&R items turned in for a $50 Walmart gift card, and then said items destroyed.

If the person isn't licensed, take them to an FFL to do the transfer. If they are licensed, do an FA10. Don't be shocked if the cops tell you to eff off.

Long story short, no. Most people at these do not a license so only a ffl can buy them from a non licensed person (and mass dosnt reconize a c&r). Cops also don't take kindly to talking to people and trying to get them to go to a ffl to sell it to you. Dont worry to much, it's long been assumed that anything that isn't junk (which is 95% of them) gets into a cops collection instead of the melters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Executors may transfer firearms to licenced individuals per MGL Chapter 140 Section 129 with a 180 day exception for the "heir or legatee" to be unlicenced. If they are licenced then anytime.

If the person isn't licensed, take them to an FFL to do the transfer. If they are licensed, do an FA10. Don't be shocked if the cops tell you to eff off.
Ya, I wouldn't be lurking in the P/D parking lot waiting for people. [smile] I was thinking more on the way of placing a classified.

So do you mean those WWII MP40's still packed in cosmoline won't go to the grinder? A local elderly widow turned in an original 1929 Thompson. That now sits in a safe at a local P/D.

Long story short, no. Most people at these do not a license so only a ffl can buy them from a non licensed person (and mass dosnt reconize a c&r). Cops also don't take kindly to talking to people and trying to get them to go to a ffl to sell it to you. Dont worry to much, it's long been assumed that anything that isn't junk (which is 95% of them) gets into a cops collection instead of the melters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The correct answer is yes. You can buy a firearm from a non licensee in state, it had to go through an FFL.

Executors may transfer firearms to licenced individuals per MGL Chapter 140 Section 129 with a 180 day exception for the "heir or legatee" to be unlicenced. If they are licenced then anytime.

It's. It as simple as that when it comes to wills. If no person is named as their heir to the firearms, it isn't as simple as handing them over IIRC

This ONLY is true if the person was named in the will to inherit the guns or via the state's intestate process. Executors can NOT transfer guns to other folks unless thru an FFL or if they possess a LTC they can do the 4 personal transfers/calendar year. And NO, they can NOT transfer guns to a named person (in the will) that is unlicensed! They must wait until the person gets their LTC prior to doing the transfer per the will. The 180 day exemption is ONLY for the executor to get licensed if they are keeping the guns, not true for anyone else. This info was from Atty. Jason Guida back when he was FRB Director.

Your statement is misleading.

Back
Top Bottom