LIVE FREE OR DIE (LFOD) SHOOT IN JAFFREY, NH

Firewall99

RWVA Instructor
IN WHAT PROMISES TO BE THE MOST UNUSUAL SHOOT IN APPLESEED HISTORY, APPLESEED-NH, THE GRAND VIEW INN, AND JEAN COUTU PRESENT THE LIVE FREE OR DIE RALLY!

REVOLUTIONARY WAR RE-ENACTMENTS WITH CAPTAIN MORRILL'S ARTILLERY IN FULL REGALIA WITH ATTENDEE PARTICIPATION; FIRST AND SECOND AMENDMENT SPEAKERS; ATTENDANCE BY ALL MAJOR NATIONAL AND STATE PRO-GUN ORGANIZATIONS; ALL DAY AND LATE INTO THE NIGHT LIVE BANDS; A MOTORCYCLE SHOW; FREE ADMISSION AND PARKING; UNLIMITED CAMPING; FOOD & DRINK SOLD ON PREMISES; FIREWORKS; AND A REVOLUTIONARY APPLESEED WALK-ON FIRING LINE--WHAT MORE CAN YOU WANT?

SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

NO PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT. WALK-ONS ONLY.

Range: LIVE FREE OR DIE RALLY at THE GRAND VIEW INN & RESORT

Address: 580 MOUNTAIN RD, JAFFREY, NH, 03452

When: August 21, 22, & 23

Range Fee: None

GPS:
Latitude: N 42° 49.7942
Longitude: W 72° 6.5698

MapQuest:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=J...452#a/maps/m::9:42.830445:-72.107852:0:::::/e

Camping Available: “UNLIMITED”

Hotels:

Grand View Inn & Resort
580 Mountain Rd, Jaffrey, NH
Website | 603-532-9880 (0 miles away)

Woodbound Lodge Inc
247 Woodbound Rd, Rindge, NH
Website | 603-532-8341 (5.99 miles away)

Coach & Four Motor Inn
755 Monadnock Hwy, Swanzey, NH
603-357-3705 (6.65 miles away)

Jack Daniels Motor Inn
80 Concord St, Peterborough, NH
Website | 603-924-7548 (9.02 miles away)

Coach House Motel & Cottages
56 Monadnock Hwy, Keene, NH
603-352-4208 (9.19 miles away)

State laws of which to be aware: Check State Laws at http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/ . If you unload and clear, you are good to go in NH.

Misc:
The LIVE FREE OR DIE Rally is a completely unique event.

There will be Revolutionary War battle re-enactments with participation by event attendees in full regalia with muskets and authentic artillery; a motorcycle show; rock and roll all day and late into the night; liberty speakers; fireworks donated by NH Appleseed; and an Appleseed Promotion Shoot.

Comments:
Because of the unusual nature of this event, Appleseed will be taking special safety precautions. To minimize the unsupervised transportation of rifles to the line, Appleseed will be providing all rifles, eye and ear protection, and ammunition.

We will be selling ammunition for courses of fire to groups of walk-on shooters. The exact number of courses, targets, and integration of the history may be modified on-the-fly as conditions dictate. We will start with 2 courses of fire and history for $5.

On Friday and Saturday, we will be taking reservations for a modified “Mini” to take place on Sunday. Cost of the Mini shall be $25. The Mini will include more traditional Appleseed instruction. Saturday starts at 8 AM. Sunday starts at 10 AM.

Be sure to note the venue change in the thread below.

Lunch: Lunch is scheduled. Food and drink will be available for a small fee at MR&GC. Because alcohol will also be available at the rally, remember the rule, "Twelve hours from jigger to trigger!"

For more Information Contact: John Barnes, [email protected], 888-221-8628

Last edited:
My wife just told me that it would be a nice ride on the bike... lets see one wife, 6 handguns, lots of ammo, and a Electraglide.... I'm there

1. guns
2. firworks
3. cannons
4. camping
5. booze
6. "Therefore, anything reasonable and safe goes."

How can I live in NH and not go to this? Holy moley...

Firewall this must be the event you were telling me about, sounds great. The wife is due Aug. 11th so we will see.

YES, ALL OF YOU CAN HELP - HERE'S HOW

John, I'm close to Jaffery. If I can help with this in some way let me know.

You can help Appleseed by helping us grow. We grow by expanding our ranks of instructors at every Appleseed.

Here's how you do it. Attend an Appleseed for both days early in the season (They all start with the ones on April 18-19th.). Then do one of two things:

1. Shoot a Rifleman score. You will be offered an Orange Hat to become an Instructor-in-Training (IIT). Step up and take it.

2. Shoot near a Rifleman score. Tell the Shoot Boss that you would like to be an IIT. The Shoot Boss will either give you an Orange Hat on the spot, or he will take it up with Nickle, our Master Instructor. Appleseed is inclined to promote you to IIT if you have shown a positive mental attitude and have made good progress that weekend.

If you get your Orange hat early enough in the season, attend an Instructor Boot Camp (IBC), and instruct at enough (2-3) Appleseeds during the summer, you can be a full Red Hat instructor by fall.

If we get enough IIT's early on in the season, we can run an IBC right here in the region sometime during the summer for you.

There is no better way to learn how to shoot extremely well, than to teach it to someone else.

4th Annual NH LIVE FREE OR DIE Rally -- LATEST INFO

Due to a court injunction, the Appleseed Shoot will be taking place at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club (MR&GC) rifle range.

ALL THE OTHER EVENTS, INCLUDING APPLESEED'S GRAND FINALE FIREWORKS TO HONOR THE FALLEN OF APRIL 19TH, 1775, REMAIN EXACTLY AS PLANNED.

SHOOT STARTS AT 8:00 AM SATURDAY. The Appleseed Mini on Sunday, also at MR&GC, starts at 10 AM. For the Mini, you must be there at the beginning to register.

For those of you arriving at the rally grounds Friday, you can remain parked for the duration. We have organized a shuttle bus for you guys and gals! It will be operating back and forth all day Saturday, assuming we can find a replacement driver for the afternoon. Best to come early in the morning if you can. It's cooler then, too.

For those who can't come until Saturday, you may wish to come directly to the shoot at MR&GC. Attached is a map and some directions. Other navigational information is below. See you there!

Street Address of MR&GC:
The club's street address is 595 Jaffrey Road (Route 202W), Peterborough, NH.

Directions to MR&GC:
Directions: From Jaffrey, take Route 202 East approximately 4.6 miles. The entrance to the MR&GC is on the LEFT.

GPS Coordinates for MR&GC:
Latitude: N42° 50.233'
Longitude: W71° 59.184'

MapQuest to MR&GC:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Jaf...1&2y=US&2l=42.838116&2g=-71.985746&2v=ADDRESS

Street Address for the Grand View Inn:
580 Mountain Rd., Jaffrey, NH

Directions to Grand View Inn:
Directions: From Jaffrey, take Route 124 Northwest approximately 4.6 miles. The entrance to the Grand view Inn and rally is on the right.

GPS for Grand View Inn:
Latitude: N 42° 49.7942
Longitude: W 72° 6.5698

MapQuest for Grand View Inn:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=J...5:-72.107858:0:::::1:1:1::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Last edited:
Here's an update on the situation for those who are interested:

Sides square off over freedom event

By Anika Clark
Sentinel Staff
Published: Saturday, August 15, 2009

A legal battle in Cheshire County Superior Court Friday centered around one question: When do zoning regulations trample on constitutional rights?

Organizers of the Jaffrey Live Free or Die Rally are at odds with town officials over a shooting range planned for the Aug. 21-23 event.

As the rally swiftly approaches, Judge Mangones has yet to issue a decision about the shooting range.

Meanwhile, Coutu is showing no signs of letting up.

“Every day a little more of your rights get whittled away,” he said. “Some people like to go to the ball game. ... Some people like to go shopping. I love preserving rights. ... By doing this event, hopefully it gets more people active in the same thing.

...for the whole article;

http://www.sentinelsource.com/articles/2009/08/15/news/local/free/id_367925.txt

http://livefreeordierally.com/

FYI: Due to a court injunction, it appears that the Appleseed Shoot will be taking place at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club's rifle range.

595 Jaffrey Road (Route 202W)

See the MRGCI calendar for details and updates.

MRGCI GPS coordinates:

Latitude: 42.83821306295156
(42degrees 50minutes 17.5668seconds)

Longitude: -71.98169231414795
(-71degrees 58minutes 54.0906seconds)

Last edited:
I think I speak for everybody here when I say:

THANK YOU for MRGC's active support of the LFOD rally, the Appleseed program, and by extension all of our liberties.

Keene Sentinel reports

Jaffrey rally a gathering armed in unity:

Government not a favorite of rally goers
By David P. Greisman
Sentinel Staff
Published: Sunday, August 23, 2009
JAFFREY — She wore a pink Ron Paul tank top, a button asking “Got ammo?” on the left strap, yellow shorts, and a belt that held a holster and a handgun ...

...“It’s a rare event for me,” Kyle said. “Back in Massachusetts, I just feel scared to do it.”

Bry, Doobie and Goodwin were three of many for whom this was their first Live Free or Die Rally.

Despite looming thunderstorms, rally organizer Jean “Mike” Coutu said he expected attendance for this year to reach between 1,200 and 1,300 people, about double last year’s turnout, which itself doubled the 2007 rally.

“It’s a First Amendment event,” Coutu said. “You have so many advocacy groups doing so many good things. They’re always fighting themselves. I put them under one tent to speak their opinions.”

David Greisman can be reached at 352-1234, extension 1439, or [email protected]
----------
for the complete article:

http://www.sentinelsource.com/articles/2009/08/23/news/local/free/id_368939.txt

Back
Top Bottom