"Little David" mortar

"F**k!! Sorry, guys, I thought we were supposed to have this thing pointed North instead of South. Looks like we'll have to dig it out and start all over again".

Didn't the Germans do a little better by mounting their big mortar onto a train?

NVM, that's an artillery piece, not a mortar...

Anyone bringing one to the next shoot? I'm in.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Didn't the Germans do a little better by mounting their big mortar onto a train?

NVM, that's an artillery piece, not a mortar...

Karl Mörser/Karl-Gerät?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Gerät

It's tracked... not rail mounted (unlike the Big Bertha/Anzio Annie/Paris Gun/Rail Guns artillery pieces).

However, going on the rail mounted theme, I think the Krauts had some sort of Godzilla/King Kong like rail mounted mortar as well.

Could have been WWI, WWII or both.

Last edited:
That must have been in the pre " Shoot Move and Communicate" days. [smile]

Today, a device with ten times the conventional firepower could be delivered from the other side of the planet with "ring the doorbell" accuracy.

All that work to throw the projo 9500 yards, less than 5.5 miles. With a what, 10-20 degree azimuth travel?
I bet the baseplate is abandoned in place after your target has been destroyed/moved.

I'm gonna put this one in the same category as the nuke round for recoilless rifle.

All that work to throw the projo 9500 yards, less than 5.5 miles. With a what, 10-20 degree azimuth travel?
I bet the baseplate is abandoned in place after your target has been destroyed/moved.

I'm gonna put this one in the same category as the nuke round for recoilless rifle.

Well, that was BEFORE EC started loading for the caliber...

But the M65 "Davey Crockett" could be quickly set up and easily moved with just a Jeep.
If your troops are destined to die anyway it would be a good option.
Sounds like just the thing Al Queda would want.

Back
Top Bottom