Limit on Guns

I was talking guns with a patient that was in the chair and a wonderful, but liberal member of my staff asked the following question. Is there a limit on guns one can own? My response was, should there be? I then asked here if there should be a limit on other things people collect. She still looked confused so I then explained to her that it just happens to be one of our God given rights to protect ourselves, and that it is also one of our constitutional rights.

I still do not think she understands, but she also has asked several times that I take her to the range. My usual response is only if she lets me shoot an apple off her head. I will eventually take her to the range (with no apples) and when I do I intend to try my hardest to give her an appreciation for gun ownership.

Tooth,
I think your response regarding "shooting an apple off her head" is incorrect. Just take her with you. Might turn an anti into a RKBA person:)

I agree and you beat me to it. Take her. She is curious and you can make all of the william tell jokes you would like, but not striking while the iron is hot will lead to less of an enthusiastic response in the end.

I was talking guns with a patient that was in the chair and a wonderful, but liberal member of my staff asked the following question. Is there a limit on guns one can own?
I have never had the chance to do this, but I have always wanted to retort (using my friendliest and most cheerful tone of voice) in this situation by asking how many pairs of shoes the anti owns.

Then I can continue down the road that no one needs that many pairs of shoes, you only need one pair. You should not be allowed to own any shoes that have sharp heels or toes, or have steel toes, or sole tread patters which could cause injury if you step on someone.

Also your shoe should weigh less than a certain amount and be externally padded, and also be as spherical as possible to avoid injury to others, otherwise it is an assault shoe. Shoes should not be black, that's an assault shoe. Shoes must have little metal taps (like tap dancing shoes) on the bottom so they click when you walk, otherwise you have a suppressed shoe which only assassins need. So only pink padded snow boots with smooth soles and little metal clicks are acceptable, it's all any sane person needs to walk in. Maybe we can allow the shoes to have a little bell instead of the clicks. If you want any more shoe than that, you are obviously a shoe-nut compensating for something.
[wink]

There are several limits on the number of "guns" a person can own:

1) There are a limited number of "guns" in the world, no one can own more than this number.
2) No one may posess more "guns" than their financial means allows
3) No one may posess more "guns" than their financial means allows space to store

So long as you have fewer guns than all three of these limits, you're alright. If your guns ever exceed any of these three limits, there are issues that need to be explained.

Imelda Marcos...............

................would never stand for this.

I have never had the chance to do this, but I have always wanted to retort (using my friendliest and most cheerful tone of voice) in this situation by asking how many pairs of shoes the anti owns.

Then I can continue down the road that no one needs that many pairs of shoes, you only need one pair. You should not be allowed to own any shoes that have sharp heels or toes, or have steel toes, or sole tread patters which could cause injury if you step on someone.

Also your shoe should weigh less than a certain amount and be externally padded, and also be as spherical as possible to avoid injury to others, otherwise it is an assault shoe. Shoes should not be black, that's an assault shoe. Shoes must have little metal taps (like tap dancing shoes) on the bottom so they click when you walk, otherwise you have a suppressed shoe which only assassins need. So only pink padded snow boots with smooth soles and little metal clicks are acceptable, it's all any sane person needs to walk in. Maybe we can allow the shoes to have a little bell instead of the clicks. If you want any more shoe than that, you are obviously a shoe-nut compensating for something.
[wink]

No limits.

I've always liked former Senator Phil Gramm's response to how many guns he owned...

"More than I need, but not as many as I want."

Back
Top Bottom