Lexington/Concord MA Appleseed Instructor's Course, Oct 24-25

Have you been to two Appleseeds?
Have you shot a Rifleman score?
Do you think it's something worth passing on?

Then we need your help.

If you're interested and not currently an Appleseed Instructor in Training, pm me. Even if you've only been to one Appleseed or you haven't shot the Rifleman score yet, there's still plenty of local Appleseeds before October, and if we have to we can waive the score (You'll still need it to get your Red Hat, though).

This is a course on what we teach and how we teach it, and there will be no shooting. You should already be fairly familiar with it (get the Instructor Manual off the Appleseed forum and read Fischer's Paul Rever's Ride), but this will make you sharp with it. It also can give you a little leg up in our normally time consuming certification process (usually bringing ~4 Appleseeds as an instructor in training before becoming a full instructor down to only 1 or 2). But that's not the biggest deal... the real goal here is to get you comfortable with instructing all of it and give you valuable practice with an audience of fellow instructors instead of students.

We'll also be checking out Lexington Battle Green and Concord's Old North Bridge together. If you haven't gone, or haven't gone in a while, I promise you it'll be even better with Appleseed eyes.

Registration Link here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/427236877

One of the 2 Appleseeds and the Rifleman score are waivable, IF Crak or Ross (or kDan or any other "Red Hat") thinks you're worthy of the waiver. They'll send it up to a Master Instructor for approval. They'll need to justify it if they decide to get one for you.

Yes, this'll be good so you can hit the ground at your first event running.

Definitely bring lunch and a notebook.

Bring at least the first three Progress Checks filled out ahead of the time so we don't have to spend any time doing that there.

If you have one, bring something that can record sound. They have digital ones now that record straight to an SD card and you can listen back over a little internal speaker, headphones, or plug it straight into your car or a USB laptop. If you don't have that, a tape recorder, minidisc, or even a laptop with a microphone will be fine too. This is for you to listen to on your own (not for any of us to play back), and it'll make a huge difference in your presentations.

Keep your eyes on this thread for updates at the Appleseed forum:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8703.0

Any way we can record this to MP3 in decent quality and share it/burn it to cd/etc? That may make life easier for everyone, including in future bootcamps.

Definitely bring lunch and a notebook.

Bring at least the first three Progress Checks filled out ahead of the time so we don't have to spend any time doing that there.

If you have one, bring something that can record sound. They have digital ones now that record straight to an SD card and you can listen back over a little internal speaker, headphones, or plug it straight into your car or a USB laptop. If you don't have that, a tape recorder, minidisc, or even a laptop with a microphone will be fine too. This is for you to listen to on your own (not for any of us to play back), and it'll make a huge difference in your presentations.

Keep your eyes on this thread for updates at the Appleseed forum:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8703.0

Problem is there will be many small groups broken out to do presentations. So one recorder cannot catch it all. I have one for me and my group, but I won't be in every group.

Many people's cell phones can do this already, btw. Check and see if yours can. If not here is a very cheap one that you can stop into any staples and get for only $29.

http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...%3ERecorders_%26_Transcribers-_-756920-141985

It doesn't seem to have a USB out but it should do the job. If somebody told me a lousy $29 would save me from a whole lot of sounding like an idiot (and if you think I'm bad now, you should've seen before) I'd jump on it in a second.

Thank you - with all the talk of meeting at the Battle Road I wanted to be sure as I drive them in on the way to Harvard - based on info on the link provided I may be in a good position on Sunday to leave straight from the Birthplace of America

Sorry you missed the turn off for dinner - another cluster of a story there but we worried when there was no call when you followed Volvo McSlowly off the highway...

Heh, no worries. I actually decided to go back to RI, I was reminded that I had a server at work I had to fix before the morning. I messaged CRAK that I was heading back, I did not have anyone else's contact info. We will have to try dinner again soon!

Uh oh, if you texted me, I have texting turned off on my accounts (long story). Should've told people. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom