Lets talk turkey....

During spring turkey season I used less than one box of shells for patterning, and then carried the same two shells in and out of the field all season long -- didn't get a single shot on a bird. So five boxes is a nice optimistic amount and I wish you the best of luck :)

Fall turkey's don't respond to calling like they do in the spring. Best bet is to locate where they are feeding or better yet a roosting tree and intercept. Fall birds are extremely hard to hunt, most people see them while in the stand waiting for deer. They tend to stick to the woods more than in the spring. I bring 3 shells with me, usually bring the same 3 home with me too.

Fall turkey's don't respond to calling like they do in the spring. Best bet is to locate where they are feeding or better yet a roosting tree and intercept. Fall birds are extremely hard to hunt, most people see them while in the stand waiting for deer. They tend to stick to the woods more than in the spring. I bring 3 shells with me, usually bring the same 3 home with me too.

+1. Deer fall, turkey spring. Spring turkey hunting is a blast, but I stick to deer in the fall.

No doubt there are plenty of birds out there; doesn't mean they'll be there when you're sitting there waiting in your blind :).

Also remember you can only take one bird in the fall season, and it only lasts six days. On the plus side you can take either gender in the fall.

+1 for the box call. +1 For spring turkey still have crappy luck in the fall. last year I bagged a big tom, then his little jake buddy that followed him tried to have sex with him while he was dead! little bastard wouldn't leave his side almost followed me out of the woods..

I just started turkey hunting last Fall. Didn't even see one in a shootable area. They're all over peoples' yards though!
I was thinking about the Fall season but I think I'd have to drive pretty far to do it. I'm on the coast so I'd have to get out to WMA and hopefully find someone who would take me along to the good hunting grounds. My buddy bagged a nice goose the other day so I'll be hunting this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom