Let’s see those stupid signs

While on one of her Pacific Rim business trips,
The Bride (always directed to one of the factory's few Western toilets),
thought this was a joke...
588825_1.jpg

...until the day she saw the footprints on the toilet seat anyhow.

Puh-leeze.

You know you're in New Jersey when the highway rest stop
has one of these running 24x7 in the Men's Room,
because there's not enough urine in the air from natural processes.
71hGjJFhZIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

season-2-pictured-tony-shalhoub-as-adrian-monk-picture-id142711550

Wear long-sleeved shirts or jackets.
#ProTip

You will dig perhaps my favorite sign in New Hampshire.
Perhaps.
This is the public crapper in Paris.... A08403CD-FE09-45C3-8E8D-30C1E4493D74.jpeg

That sounds like my kind of gig.
If it's Solo. Or my worst nightmare if pared up with chatty Cathy.

From 2019 trip to Danang, Vietnam.
#2 Sister-in-Law and her husband flew into MIA for an aprés-Christmas vacation.
(I think they flew back out of Tampa).

Last night I got to see the Florida State Miami-Dade County Mandated
Rental Car Visitor Information Map Safety Tip List.

Vehicle Safety Rule #13 is like the Massprudent procedure for storing your handgun
while you are parked on school property. (Put it in the trunk lock-box off campus,
so that no one can see that you came heavy
).

13. Do not leave Global Position Satellite (GPS) units or brackets on the windshield or inside the passenger compartment when the vehicle is unattended. Place the unit in the trunk prior to parking the vehicle.​

Underscoring and bolding mine.

[shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked]

Last edited:

Last night I got to see the Florida State Mandated
Miami International Airport Rental Car
Visitor Information Map Safety Tip List.

Vehicle Safety Rule #13 is like the Massprudent procedure for storing your handgun
while you are parked on school property. (Put it in the trunk lock-box off campus,
).

13. Do not leave Global Position Satellite (GPS) units or brackets on the windshield or inside the passenger compartment when the vehicle is unattended. Place the unit in the trunk prior to parking the vehicle.​

I’d guess you’d do better stealing the change out of cup holders than trying to pawn a f***ing garmin GPS!

I’d guess you’d do better stealing the change out of cup holders than trying to pawn a f***ing garmin GPS!
Dig this also:

12. Place all handbags, laptop computers and any other valuable items that must be in the passenger compartments on the floor board and not visible from outside when stopped.​

In other words, Do Not Let Pedestrians See That You Have Possessions.

Dig this also:

12. Place all handbags, laptop computers and any other valuable items that must be in the passenger compartments on the floor board and not visible from outside when stopped.​

Sounds like a good reason to have dark tinted windows!

Last night I got to see the Florida State Mandated
Miami International Airport Rental Car
Visitor Information Map Safety Tip List.

).

1. How many of you are old enough to remember when your Hertz rental car would have HERTZ on the back of it. . . until people started getting held up on their way out of the (I think Miami) airport.

2. Please. They make Florida sound like a war zone. They're like that B-word Glenda. "Oooh, I could take you to Oz, but you'll have to go yourself. But don't stray from the yellow brick road. The road people have change so don't leave the road under any circumstances." LOL

Don't ask for directions. [rofl][rofl]Reminds me of the Griswold's in the original Vacation. ROFL!!!!!

That list is more about "we can't be liable, so we better warn them of everything. Did we mention that fire was hot? Dammit. Add that fire is hot to the list. Oh shit. We didn't mention sun screen. MENTION THE SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!"

Gosh. It's a list for stupid people. Don't leave your car running and unattended. Don't drink and drive. Don't leave your luggage. . . or children. . . unattended. Use travelers checks like it's 1985.

Those are some funny ones. Sure, you'll get a bumpkin from EBF, TN or something there that'll have nary a clue. But that's on EBFBumkpin, not the Miami Dade tourism bureau or whatever.

1. How many of you are old enough to remember when your Hertz rental car would have HERTZ on the back of it. . . until people started getting held up on their way out of the (I think Miami) airport.
[wave]

2. Please. They make Florida sound like a war zone. They're like that B-word Glenda. "Oooh, I could take you to Oz, but you'll have to go yourself. But don't stray from the yellow brick road. The road people have change so don't leave the road under any circumstances." LOL

Don't ask for directions.
No, it's "get directions from your hotel concierge,
not these guys":
jayandsb01.jpg

That list is more about "we can't be liable, so we better warn them of everything. ...
Those are some funny ones. Sure, you'll get a bumpkin from EBF, TN or something there that'll have nary a clue. ...
You leave @Radtekk out of this.

But that's on EBFBumkpin, not the Miami Dade tourism bureau or whatever.
Yeah, no.

That list is mandated by Miami-Dade County Implementing Order 10-4.

Do you really think the rental car companies asked to be legally required
to provide a map with the tourist route map logo printed in Pantone PMS 294,
with "GREATER MIAMI AND THE BEACHES" in upper case Helvetica Bold block letters
in at least 17 point type, "TOUIRIST ROUTE MAP" in at least 14 point type,
and the front of a car in Pantone PMS 305?

Miami rental car maps are more heavily regulated than Texas 30.06 signage.

Last edited:
Dig this also:

Just leave your car with the valet. He’ll take care of it.
B067C575-C1A9-47D5-8DEA-46C0B97DB0B0.jpeg

This is the public crapper in Paris....View attachment 593008

That image gives me nightmares of my trips to China.

Although, to be fair, that design pictured there is a bit better than the China design. In China, there were no special places to put your feet. It was a longer bowl and you had to straddle the bowl somehow. A task that is impossible if you just dropped your pants to your ankles and now they won't separate that far. I'm not sure who designed these things. Nudists maybe.

Although, to be fair, that design pictured there is a bit better than the China design. In China, there were no special places to put your feet. It was a longer bowl and you had to straddle the bowl somehow. A task that is impossible if you just dropped your pants to your ankles and now they won't separate that far. I'm not sure who designed these things. Nudists maybe.
They were special non-slip grip foot pads. Very Euro. Don’t make me describe the public restroom in Guayaquil.... man that was very depressing.

View: https://youtu.be/pd6SAGRzeVo

Back
Top Bottom