"LEO's for the Constitution".

Mission Statement

Law Enforcement Officers for the Constitution is committed to upholding and preserving the Constitution of the United States, and to ensuring that Law Enforcement never exceeds the limits of power granted by it. Working diligently through the legislative and electoral process, it is our goal to guarantee the Liberty and rights of all Americans. We will strive to advance Law Enforcement as an organization of Professionals, maintaining the highest ethical standards while working tirelessly to protect the lives and property of all people, to maintain order, and to enforce the law fairly and impartially.

+1

Good to know that at least some in government still care about the Constitution. Too many abuses of it out there.

This won't go over well in these parts but if this org is for real (I am skeptical it has any large following), then we need this org far more than we need oathkeepers.org. If the SHTF it won't be the military that started it or even gets in the fight initially. It will be law enforcement that will be the knifes edge of oppression. We always seem to forget that cops and law enforcement didn't exist in their modern form until the late 1800s. Prior to that, there were sheriffs and constables who had limited power, authority and presence. It is todays modern world where those in power use law enforcement to exert control over the populace. Regardless if you were a hippie who got hassled in the 60s or a black panther in the 70s, a anti-globalization protester in the 90s or a gun owner today, the notable periods of unrest in this nation post reconstruction had very little "military" connection and far more involvement with law enforcement. Kent State and Brown V. Board of Ed. are some of the few exceptions to this. In fact, the NG helped enforce what we consider good laws today by protecting the peace in Brown v. Board of Ed. as those dozen or so black students went to school.

I am not trying to start a cop bashing thread. It should be noted however the power law enforcement (collectively) has in denying rights as any gun owner in this state has had experience with. I am also not trying to denigrate the individual cop, and there are a few good ones here, as they are as much cogs in the machine as the many of us here on NES who are mostly concerned with just getting along in our daily lives unimpeded.

Last edited:
I am not trying to start a cop bashing thread. It should be noted however the power law enforcement (collectively) has in denying rights as any gun owner in this state has had experience with. I am also not trying to denigrate the individual cop, and there are a few good ones here, as they are as much cogs in the machine as the many of us here on NES who are mostly concerned with just getting along in our daily lives unimpeded.

Like you said, they just enforce the law. If the legislature or governor decides to abridge our rights, the police are the arm of government that will implement it. I'm not sure how far the .gov would have to go before most cops would resign, but I bet its pretty damn far. I could see the Mass State Police carrying out orders to round up all Japanese, as in WWII, for example, even in this day and age. If MA decided to implement an EOPS list for books, I could see them rounding up people who didn't have a license to read "books subversive to the Commonwealth" or some such Stalinist thing. Probably about the only thing you can depend on most state police not to do is randomly fire on citizens. But I could be wrong, what do others think?

http://leaa.org/

Law Enforcement Alliance of America defends Second Amendment & Self Defense from Paul Helmke, President of The Brady Campaign.

"LEAA has always supported the right of honest, law abiding Americans to own, carry and use guns as a means of self-defense."

The site in the OP seems to be modeling itself after oath keepers which is different than most of the lobbying orgs out there in that it speaks to LEOs and seems to be taking the tact of educating them on what is right or wrong (constitutionally speaking). I say this ("seems to") because there are only 5 or so articles thus far and most are obtuse but the last paragraph of the last one is pretty blatant about it.

As Law Enforcement Officers, we have sworn to uphold the Constitution for the United States of America. I hope this quick ride through history has given a small amount of insight into what the Founding Fathers were thinking. Believe me, there is plenty of information available to read in regards to these documents. Please, take the time and at least read and understand our Charters of Freedom, paying particular attention to the Constitution. You have to know your rights so you can immediately tell when they’re being violated, or so that you can keep from violating them while acting as an agent of the government. Citizens, including your families are counting on you to enforce the law correctly and judiciously.

BTW: Is the first sentence incorrect? The oaths I have heard in NY revolve around upholding the law over their own personal interests and service to the communities interest. However, there are probably 25K different variations of a police oath and maybe some, or more, mention constitutional principles.

The oaths I have heard in NY revolve around upholding the law over their own personal interests and service to the communities interest. However, there are probably 25K different variations of a police oath and maybe some, or more, mention constitutional principles.

The Ohio Peace Officer's Oath is as follows:

OHIO PEACE OFFICER TRAINING COMMISSION
PEACE OFFICER COMMISSION AND OATH OF OFFICE

I. TO BE COMPLETED BY APPOINTEE:
On this date, you are hereby appointed as a peace officer to serve as a (position/title) for the (insert department here) pursuant to (insert relevant Ohio Revised Code section here). As such, you shall swear or affirm the following:

I, _________________________________, do solemnly swear or affirm that I will support the Constitution and Laws of the United States of America, the Constitution and Laws of the State of Ohio,
and the Laws and Ordinances of (insert town or county here) and to the best of my ability will discharge the duties of the office of (position/title)

I would say that any LEO willing to make and follow through on such a pledge is worthy of significant respect. In fact, know several who likely already qualify.

Like you said, they just enforce the law. If the legislature or governor decides to abridge our rights, the police are the arm of government that will implement it. I'm not sure how far the .gov would have to go before most cops would resign, but I bet its pretty damn far. I could see the Mass State Police carrying out orders to round up all Japanese, as in WWII, for example, even in this day and age. If MA decided to implement an EOPS list for books, I could see them rounding up people who didn't have a license to read "books subversive to the Commonwealth" or some such Stalinist thing. Probably about the only thing you can depend on most state police not to do is randomly fire on citizens. But I could be wrong, what do others think?

I don't know.
I think a good number would fire randomly as long as the Union was OK with it.

This won't go over well in these parts but if this org is for real (I am skeptical it has any large following), then we need this org far more than we need oathkeepers.org. If the SHTF it won't be the military that started it or even gets in the fight initially. It will be law enforcement that will be the knifes edge of oppression.

Oathkeepers covers all oath takers, including police. I don't know where you got the impression Oathkeepers is solely military, isn't one of the founders a former Sheriff?

Oathkeepers covers all oath takers, including police. I don't know where you got the impression Oathkeepers is solely military, isn't one of the founders a former Sheriff?

Don't know. I was following it for a bit to see what was up and all I saw were testimonials from military enlisted and officers. Primarily retired ones. If they have other types of members it was not obvious in their writings.

Don't know. I was following it for a bit to see what was up and all I saw were testimonials from military enlisted and officers. Primarily retired ones. If they have other types of members it was not obvious in their writings.

Well one of the speakers at the April 19th gathering was definitely a retired Sheriff.

This won't go over well in these parts but if this org is for real (I am skeptical it has any large following), then we need this org far more than we need oathkeepers.org. If the SHTF it won't be the military that started it or even gets in the fight initially. It will be law enforcement that will be the knifes edge of oppression. We always seem to forget that cops and law enforcement didn't exist in their modern form until the late 1800s. Prior to that, there were sheriffs and constables who had limited power, authority and presence. It is todays modern world where those in power use law enforcement to exert control over the populace. Regardless if you were a hippie who got hassled in the 60s or a black panther in the 70s, a anti-globalization protester in the 90s or a gun owner today, the notable periods of unrest in this nation post reconstruction had very little "military" connection and far more involvement with law enforcement. Kent State and Brown V. Board of Ed. are some of the few exceptions to this. In fact, the NG helped enforce what we consider good laws today by protecting the peace in Brown v. Board of Ed. as those dozen or so black students went to school.

Emphasis on "initially"!!

The military will get involved rapidly if things go south as expected. This organization AND Oath Keepers will both be of significance if people are expected to have any sense of trust or cooperation with either LEOs or military.

Don't forget.........the national guard ALSO were used on occasions when blacks were protesting for their rights. They were pawns in the entire scheme and their commanders should have recognized the situations for what they were.........oppression.

Ever read about the Bonus Army? 1932, Washington DC. A stain on the government and all the military who participated in the removal of the verterans.

From their website:

"Oath Keepers is an association of currently serving military, veterans, and peace officers who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God."

Back
Top Bottom