Legal to bring visiting foreign nationals to range?

I'm pretty sure it is fine, but I can't quote you a law (laws normally say what you can't do, not what you can do).

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.
Ironically, this is completely opposite from the way Europe runs it's camp. They make laws based upon what you're allowed to do. [rofl2]

Technically you MAY (it's complicated) be providing technical information about defense articles to a foreign national- restricted under ITAR:

" Category I-Firearms

*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms. (See § 121.9 and §§ 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)

(b) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications, and specifically designed or modified components therefor; firearm silencers and suppressors, including flash suppressors.

*(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms or other weapons having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts therefor.

(d) Technical data (as defined in § 120.21 of this subchapter) and defense services (as defined in § 120.8 of this subchapter) directly related to the defense articles enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this category. (See § 125.4 of this subchapter for exemptions.) Technical data directly related to the manufacture or production of any defense articles enumerated elsewhere in this category that are designated as Significant Military Equipment (SME) shall itself be designated SME. "

It's unlikely you'd get jacked up over this but it has been coming up on the fed radar screen now and then. Usually it means sending technical info abroad, but can cover a foreign national who comes here to get technical info. 125.4 has this exemption: (6) Technical data, including classified information, related to firearms not in excess of caliber .50 and ammunition for such weapons, except detailed design, development, production or manufacturing information; so if you are not teaching them detailed design info you are good to go.

I have to deal with ITAR on a daily basis. Our Dear Leaders are thinking of making "technical manuals for firearms" (user's manual) and reloading guides and technical specifications of firearms ITAR items, which will mean limiting access of these quite common websites and manuals to US citizens only.

Just throwing this out there, I heard you can shoot a cow with an RPG in Cambodia.

Ewww no. And my wife was with me. No I mean stuff like no seatbelt, riding in back of a pickup truck, etc.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.
And having a 12 year old driver. That was fun.

Actually there was a lady boy... My wife's cousin. I took lots of pics of him and posted them on FB. He also did a great job cutting my wife's hair, and for only $2.

I have a friend who's a French citizen working here on a visa that I take to the range occasionally. I'm not in jail yet.

Please convey our condolences for the Paris massacre and let them know we join them in Liberté, égalité, fraternité as we have for 300 years. Oh, and laissez les bons temps rouler!

Technically you MAY (it's complicated) be providing technical information about defense articles to a foreign national- restricted under ITAR:

" Category I-Firearms

*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms. (See § 121.9 and §§ 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)

(b) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications, and specifically designed or modified components therefor; firearm silencers and suppressors, including flash suppressors.

*(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms or other weapons having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts therefor.

(d) Technical data (as defined in § 120.21 of this subchapter) and defense services (as defined in § 120.8 of this subchapter) directly related to the defense articles enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this category. (See § 125.4 of this subchapter for exemptions.) Technical data directly related to the manufacture or production of any defense articles enumerated elsewhere in this category that are designated as Significant Military Equipment (SME) shall itself be designated SME. "

It's unlikely you'd get jacked up over this but it has been coming up on the fed radar screen now and then. Usually it means sending technical info abroad, but can cover a foreign national who comes here to get technical info. 125.4 has this exemption: (6) Technical data, including classified information, related to firearms not in excess of caliber .50 and ammunition for such weapons, except detailed design, development, production or manufacturing information; so if you are not teaching them detailed design info you are good to go.

I have to deal with ITAR on a daily basis. Our Dear Leaders are thinking of making "technical manuals for firearms" (user's manual) and reloading guides and technical specifications of firearms ITAR items, which will mean limiting access of these quite common websites and manuals to US citizens only.

and for CRIPES SAKE, DON'T let them use your playstation to chat with anyone!!!!

Update: It went great! After a safety and marksmanship instruction period, we made out way to the range and they shot like champs. They were very excited, and even very proud with their results. During the car ride home, one jokingly mentioned "France is safe now". Heh, well, not quite gents.

If more folks like them had their preconceived notions about firearms smashed to smithereens by the hammer of knowledge, maybe Europeans would stand a fighting chance.

Back
Top Bottom