• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal opinion regarding NY's SAFE Law is now back up

Hi. I linked an article from an attorney in New York about three weeks ago. The article was published by the Suffolk County Bar Association for their newsletter. Within hours of someone here picking it up (via a link from another article), the site was shut down. Almost three weeks later, the site is back up. Please take a look. It discusses Article 12 of the New York State Constitution. The attorney is considering a lawsuit against NY State on this issue. He would gladly take calls and discuss his thoughts and attempts to bring in NRA and the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association and his attempts at communication and collaboration with them. I'm unsure whether it's cool to post his number here, so if anyone is interested (or if the site mysteriously disappears again), respond here and I will provide the number and the original of his article. Scroll down to Page 23 : http://www.scba.org/eva/displayFile.php?id=2202

Not really. Did you read the article? This is not a Second Amendment issue. Glad to see there are lawsuits. New York Rifle and Pistol Association and NRA just told the 2013 Firearm Civil Rights Conference this past Sunday on Long Island regarding the Federal lawsuit that was filed that "we need to be patient." and "this will likely cost $750,000 to a million dollars." This is a NY State Constitution issue. Thanks for the link and the info, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom